- Skip NHS waiting lists and see a private doctor quickly
- Choose from a range of private hospitals and get the treatment you need
- Get specialist treatment that may not be available through the NHS
Start your health insurance quote
What’s included in health insurance?
Look out for these benefits:
- In-patient treatments, such as routine health checks, tests and surgery
- Out-patient care, such as overnight stays
- Cash benefit if private treatment takes place in an NHS ward or facility
- The use of diagnostic equipment
- Cost of appointments, plus the consultant’s time
- Prosthetics and wigs
Do I need health insurance?
Will health insurance cover every illness and injury?
If you’re taken ill with a new condition, or have an accident, the benefits of health insurance will usually help you. If you have a pre-existing condition, getting affordable cover can be tricky, but it’s not impossible if you shop around.
Ready to get a health insurance quote?
- Your name, age and address
- If you smoke, and if you’ve quit, how long ago
- If you’d like to add a partner or children to the policy
Which health insurer should I pick?
On the pulse
- As of November 2015, there were over 3.3 million people on NHS England waiting lists 
- According to PwC, sick leave costs UK businesses £29 billion a year 
Need to know more about health insurance?
You’ll find a plethora of helpful guides in our Health insurance first aid kit including cancer and heart disease, family health insurance, disability care, long-term care and health care for self-employed workers.
And as dreary as they sound, medical history declarations, moratoriums, out-patient treatment, in-patient treatment, day-patient treatment, pre-existing conditions and excesses, are all key parts of a health insurance quote, so we’ll help you get to grips with those, too.
Bringing home baby
Fake travellers trots
Could income tax increase to 96%?
Eating the Elvis way
Wearable tech you could be owning soon
Spring allergies and other irritations
Can you tell which has more calories?
Fitness fiend: Half marathon
Quit cigs for cheaper life insurance
 NHS England figures