Walt Disney World is a star article. It is a high-quality article complete with maps, photos, and great information.
Walt Disney World is a huge city with several district articles containing sightseeing, restaurant, nightlife and accommodation listings — have a look at each of them.
At the Walt Disney World Resort . you can explore human innovation and cooperation; enjoy rides both thrilling and enchanting; relax and recuperate on the beach or the golf course; and discover an entire resort where children and adults can have fun together. Even though families with small children are common in the park, Disney World is also a very common destination for newlyweds on their honeymoon and college students on Spring Break.
Walt Disney World, located in Bay Lake, Florida (mailing address is Lake Buena Vista. Florida ), near Orlando, Florida. is the flagship of Disney’s worldwide theme park empire. It is, by far, the most popular theme park resort in the world. Some visitors describe it as a place of magic, wonder, and fantasy; others speak of fun, excitement, and relaxation; and still others complain of crowds, artifice, and unrelenting tackiness. As with most things, the essence of Walt Disney World lies near the intersection of those three views.
The centerpieces of Walt Disney World are the four theme parks: The Magic Kingdom. Epcot. Disney’s Hollywood Studios. and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Walt Disney World also has two of the world’s three most popular water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. both heavily themed. Two shopping and entertainment districts, Downtown Disney and Disney’s Boardwalk. provide extensive shopping, dining, and entertainment options. If none of that strikes your fancy, check out some of the lesser-known activities: golf, tennis, boating, race car driving, spas and health clubs, backstage tours, sporting events, character dining, and much more.
Simply put, if you can’t find something fun to do at Walt Disney World, you just aren’t trying hard enough.
Districts [ edit ]
Walt Disney World can be divided into five distinct areas one for each of the four theme parks, plus Downtown Disney. The various resort hotels, and the attractions and restaurants found within, are grouped with the nearest park.
- The Magic Kingdom Based on the original Disneyland in California, this is the oldest and most popular park of the complex; in fact, with over 17 million visitors annually, it’s the most-visited single theme park in the world. This is the park people think of first when they think of Walt Disney World, a place where adventure meets fantasy and history meets the future. The Magic Kingdom has the most kid-friendly attractions and most of the classic rides beloved by kids-at-heart.
- Epcot A sort of “permanent World’s Fair”, Epcot is dedicated to both international culture and technological innovation. World Showcase takes you on a trip around the world as you visit themed pavilions filled with the art, architecture, people, and products of eleven different countries. Future World explores human achievements in pavilions dedicated to communication, imagination, conservation, and more. Not far from Epcot is Disney’s Boardwalk. a collection of restaurants, gift shops, and nightlife spots themed as a 1920’s Eastern Seaboard boardwalk.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios This park represents the “Hollywood that never was,” with attractions themed around movies and television. You’ll find a variety of live shows and attractions based on Disney, Pixar, and Lucasfilm productions. The ESPN Wide World of Sports complex is nearby.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Something of a mix between a zoo and a theme park, Animal Kingdom features naturalistic live animal exhibits alongside more traditional Disney amusement rides. Blizzard Beach. a water park themed as a melting ski resort, is nearby.
- Downtown Disney For more “grown-up” activities, Downtown Disney has shopping, nightclubs, restaurants, and unique entertainment. This is where the most action is after dark. Downtown Disney is divided into three sections. Downtown Disney Marketplace has several shopping and eating establishments and is tailored towards a family setting. Pleasure Island is a more adult oriented section, with upscale restaurants and even a cigar bar. Finally, Downtown Disney West Side is home to AMC Theatres, House of Blues, and the exclusive Cirque du Soleil show La Nouba. Typhoon Lagoon water park is nearby.