Top 3 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Google Adword Keyword Planner
Share the post “Top 3 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Google Adword Keyword Planner”
Google adword keyword planner is one tool SEO professionals need to get well versed with. It is the primary tool every search marketer uses before start of any campaign, basically the stepping stone of any marketing initiative. Hence, it is very essential for you as a marketer to learn the basics as well as the intricacies of the tool. The keyword planner has a very easy way to navigate and to make it a user friendly interface.
The tool has a history of its sorts. It was earlier a free keyword tool which has been replaced by the present adword keyword planner. It is also an integrated PPC tool which allows you to set bidding price for your ads.
Few of Google AdWord Keyword Planner features are as follows:
- Search for keyword and ad ideas
- Upload keywords to get estimates
- Multiply keyword lists to get estimates
Hence, right from keyword selection, grouping, filtering analysis; this tool takes care of all of the aspects. Lets look at the Pros and Cons of Google AdWord Keyword Planner:
- Users can now view keyword volume on hyper-local basis. This is a fantastic way to drill down to a specific area and find out the keyword volume of that area. Great for businesses doing local and hyper local SEO to get better idea of the volume and competition in their geographical area.
- The tool divides keywords into suggested ad groups. This exercise helps in to execute two different SEO strategies by targeting more number of keywords in a group.
- The multiply keyword lists feature allows you to search on combination of words from two different lists. A brilliant way to make permutations combinations with the use of modifiers to the words. So, instead of typing in all the combinations Google will match them.
- Average monthly searches is calculated over 12 months, meaning Google keyword planner is not a good place to research for trending topics. Use Google trends for that.
- Device targeting is gone. Hence, we don t require to segment mobile and desktop search volumes they have been combined.
- Local v/s global search volume is no longer automatically displayed.
Though, there are few more tools available out there, Google s keyword planner is a must have; since, it comes as a product of Google, the search volume results provided by it are reliable. Besides that there are couple of factors which makes its usage as indispensable. Information regarding CPC, average monthly searches and all the pertinent data can be easily drawn from it. Not to mention, it provides competitor s keyword information as well.