#japanese used cars
The Best Japanese Used Cars
Known for their quality and reliability, any attempt to compile a list of the best Japanese used cars faces the risk of overlooking many a great vehicle. 7 used cars from Japan make up this list. 4 of the Japanese vehicles are from Honda. This can be directly attributed to Honda s dedication to quality, reliability and technology.
Honda s understanding of the automobile market is apparent with 4 of these Japanese vehicles being sedans. 2 of these are some of the top selling passenger cars in the United States.
Here are the best used cars from Japan:
- Toyota Camry: The Camry is a mid-size car made by Toyota since 1980. In the U.S, the Camry has been the best selling car for 9 of the last 10 years starting in 1997. Reliability, economy, comfort and performance make the Toyota Camry one of the world s most popular car.
- Honda Accord: The Honda Accord is a mid-size sedan manufactured by Honda since 1976. It is available as both a 2 door coup and a 4 door sedan. The Accord is one of the top selling Japanese cars. Arguably the most reliable car in its class, the Accord is one of the most sought after used Japanese cars.
- Acura Legend/RL: This was the car that Honda used to debut its Acura luxury brand. Renamed the RL in 1996, it continues to remain the standard by which all other luxury brands are measured. The Acura sedan possesses the typical mix of Honda reliability, performance and technological innovation.
- Mazda Miata: The Mazda MX-5 Miata re-introduced America to the roadster. A 2-seat, convertible sports car, the Miata has kept true to its roots in the 3 generations since its debut in 1989. Extremely dependable, inexpensive and just plain fun to drive makes the Miata one of the best used Japanese car you can buy.
- Subaru Impreza: Introduced in 1993, the Subaru Impreza has not sold in the same numbers as some of the other Japanese vehicles on this list. But that means little to Impreza owners. Among the most loyal of car buyers, they have nothing but praise for Subaru s standard all-wheel drive and flat 4-cylinder engine. Typically well maintained and durable, a used Subaru makes an excellent choice for a purchase.
- Honda Odyssey: Chrysler invented the Minivan. Honda perfected it. The Honda Odyssey has been rated number 1 in its class by virtually ever automotive publication since its debut in 1994. If you are going to buy a used minivan, make it a Honda Odyssey.
- Honda CR-V: Honda s first in-house designed SUV, it has quickly become one of the most popular Japanese vehicles in its class. Comparable to the Toyota Rav-4, it just edges it out for this list due to Honda s noted reliability.
There are many other used Japanese vehicles that could be considered among the best. The Nissan Sentra, Toyota Corolla and the Scion TC among others are all fine vehicles, but if you stick to those listed above you would be hard pressed to go wrong.