Tech Checking gives you the features you expect, plus online and mobile banking services to help you manage your account from anywhere, anytime.
If problems with NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) fees have caused you to be listed in ChexSystems, you know getting a new checking account can be extremely difficult. And without a Checking account, you re forced to use budget-draining payment services like money orders or retail currency centers. Tech CU Secured Checking is designed to provide basic checking services to those who want to make an honest effort to manage their finances and take control of their money.
- Free box of Tech CU security checks.
- Tech Check Card (Visa debit) is available.
- Free Tech Debit Alerts .
- Free 24-hour account access via Online Banking Mobile Banking .
- View and print images of cleared checks in Online Banking.
- No per-check fee.
- Optional overdraft transfer from savings.
- Access your account at CO-OP Shared Branch locations nationwide
- Ability to upgrade to regular Tech Checking after 6-months of properly maintaining this account.
- Assistance with establishing Direct Deposit or Payroll Deduction to your account.
Secured Checking has the following requirements:
- Those with a record of fraud at ChexSystems are not eligible.
- Minimum daily balance requirement of $200 ($100 is held in Money Market Savings).
- $5.00 monthly account service fee; $10.00 per month whenever the required minimum daily balance is not maintained.
- Account e-Statement is required.
- 7-business day hold on deposited checks.
- $34.00 per NSF item returned.
- $30.00 per stop payment.
- $6.00 per overdraft transfer.
- $5.00 copy of cleared checks.
- Online Bill Pay service is not available.
- Account will be closed for uncollected account fees.
- Other account fees or restrictions may apply.
ChexSystems is a network made up of member banks and credit unions that regularly contribute information on mishandled checking and savings accounts to a central location. This information is shared among member institutions to help them assess the risk of opening new accounts. Each report submitted to ChexSystems remains on file for five years unless the source of information requests its removal or ChexSystems becomes obligated to remove it under applicable law.
Open A Checking Account Today
Your new checking account can be opened at any Tech CU branch.
- To open a Checking account, a minimum of $25.00 must be on deposit in your Tech CU Money Market Savings account.
- A $25 initial deposit is required to open (Tech Checking).
- Present a valid driver s license with your correct mailing address.
- Present your most recent pay-stub (if employed).
- Your first box of checks is free and is mailed to your home within 7 to 10 business days from the time of account opening.
- Tech Check Card and PIN is mailed (separately) to your home 2 to 3 weeks from the time of account opening. You also have the option of having these items mailed directly to the credit union for pick-up.