Divorce, Family Law, Landlord Tenant, Wills, Estates, Criminal Law, Bankruptcy Law and Immigration Law in Suffolk County, Central Islip, New York
The Law Office of Shawn R. Kassman Esq. is a full service law firm providing our clients with peace of mind about their legal issues.
Our full service commitment to you: Full Service means that we can help you with most of your legal needs at the time you need us the most. We represent clients with legal needs such as:
- Bankruptcy Law -Provides for the debtor to get a fresh start and in some instances for the creditor to be repaid a portion of money that is owed. There are 2 types of Bankruptcy chapter 7 liquidation and chapters 11, 12, 13 Rehabilitation of the debtor which allows the debtor to use future earnings to pay back the creditors.
- Criminal Law – The body of law involving cases where the defendant faces criminal sanctions such as incarceration
- Divorce – To formally terminate or dissolution of a marriage
- Family Law – The area of law which deals with separation, divorce, child custody, and division of marital assets as well as adoption
- Estate Administration – The disposal of property upon one’s death. The person dies leaving a will and appoints an executor
- Immigration – The movement of people between countries involving permanent residence
- Real Estate Landlord Tenant Law – The legal term that encompasses land along with anything permanently affixed to the land such as buildings
- Traffic Violations – Traffic Violations occur when operators of cars, trucks, and motorcycles violate laws that regulate vehicle operation on streets and highways — including speed limits, traffic signal laws, and reckless driving statutes. Traffic violations are usually issued by local law enforcement officers, and processed in local branches of state court
- DWI / DUI – Driving While Intoxicated – Driving Under the influence of alcohol or an illicit substance
- Driving With a Suspended License – In Suffolk County there are 5 types of tickets you can be charged with for driving with a suspended or revoked license or having no license at all
- Driving With Suspended Registration – When an individual gets pulled over with this charge, it is a misdemeanor
We are committed to:
- Returning your calls within 24 hours
- Fully answering your legal questions
- Appearing in court on short notice
- Keeping you informed of all developments in your case
Located in the heart of Central Islip, New York, down the street from the Courthouses in Central Islip, Mr. Kassman often represents individuals who no longer live in New York State and have neglected to take care of crimes that they have committed in the past. Where a warrant is out for their arrest or the license is suspended for failure to address tickets. The Law Firm will often go into court and recall the warrant or license suspension (scoffs). The Attorney is able to clear up the matter without a person coming to the state by way of a plea in absentia (an affidavit) which gives Mr. Kassman the authority to enter a plea without the person coming to court. This document must be notarized by the client. There is a small additional fee for the preparation of this document.
Shawn R. Kassman represents individuals who have committed a crime in New York State and do not live in New York also by way of a plea in absentia. It is possible for Mr.Kassman to represent the client in court without them physically coming to the state. An affidavit is prepared that gives the Lawyer the authority to enter a plea without their presence in court.
We are available to you. Shawn Kassman and his associates and staff are available to speak with clients 24/7. We can appear in court 365 days a year for arraignments and scheduled court appearance.
Free consultation. Consultations by phone and office appointments are free of charge, and we offer flexible appointment times. The first 30 minutes of Consultation is free, after that, reasonable rates will apply.
Individual attention. Mr. Kassman is committed to providing the best representation possible for every client. You will have one lawyer and one staff person available to you at all times. This ensures that you can always talk to someone who knows the details of your case.
If you need an attorney who will treat you with the concern and compassion you deserve, call the Law Office of Shawn R. Kassman Esq. at 631-232-9479 (toll-free 888-545-2944 ) or fill out our online intake form. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and represent clients located in Central Islip (main office location), Holtsville (office location), Bayshore, Brentwood, Oakdale, Sayville, Port Jefferson and Riverhead and both Suffolk and Nassau counties.
We also serve clients in the following areas:
Huntington, Brookhaven, Babylon, Bayshore, blue point, Bohemia, Oakdale, Center Moriches, Centereach, Centerport, mastic, cold Spring Harbor, Commack, Northport, Coram, Deer Park, Hauppage, Islandia, Lake Grove, Manorville, Lindenhurst. including Smithtown, Huntington, Brookhaven, Babylon, Bayshore, Islip, Amityville, Bayport, Bellport, Blue Point, Bohemia, Brentwood, Center Moriches, Centereach, Centerport, Central Islip, Cold Spring Harbor, Commack, Copiague, Coram, Deer Park, East Northport, East Setauket, Farmingdale, Farmingville, Greenlawn, Hauppauge, Holbrook, Holtsville, Huntington Station, Islandia, Kings Park, Lake Grove, Lake Ronkonkoma, Lindenhurst, Manorville, Mastic, Mastic Beach, Medford, Melville, Middle Island, Mt. Sinai, Nesconset, Northport, North Babylon, Patchogue, Port Jefferson, Port Jefferson Station, Ridge, Riverhead, Rocky Point, Ronkonkoma, St. James, Sayville, Selden, Setauket, Shirley, Shoreham, Sound Beach, Southold, Stony Brook, Wading River, West Sayville, West Islip, Woodbury, Wyandanch, Yaphank, Syosset, Jericho, Massapequa, Plainview, Brooklyn, Queens, Westchester, Staten Island, Orange County, and Manhattan.