Software Engineer I – Peoplesoft
Software Engineer I – Peoplesoft-044338
Defines technology system scope, objectives, and requirements, and is a top-level technical expert in development skills capable of tuning programs for processing efficiency. Leads development and supports the CSX PeopleSoft HCM and CRM suite of applications. Applicants will be required to engage in ongoing background checks through the duration of this position with continued passing results.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and technical direction to team members and monitor the deliverables of the technical team.
- Code, debug, test, and support utilities, tools, and frameworks to support the application development process.
- Research, analyze, and define enterprise level business solutions of large scope and complexity.
- Document defects, enhancements, test cases, expected test results, test data requirements, and collaborate with testing teams and business partners to resolve testing problems.
- Review functional requirements and develop technical specifications for large complex projects and/or enterprise level business solutions.
- Serve as technical point of contact for business partners and other technology areas; and perform project management tasks as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to document and communicate designs/intentions using visual design methodologies.
- Follow company standards for coding, documentation, source control, code reviews, unit testing, performance testing and other development tasks.
- Develop software based on requirements within agreed upon timelines.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor s Degree/4-year Degree
- 1 or more years of experience in Transportation/Intermodal Operations, Information Systems, or Logistics
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- 4 or more years of experience in Transportation/Intermodal Operations, Information Systems, or Logistics
- Bachelor s Degree/4-year Degree
- 5 or more years of experience in a Software Engineer role for an enterprise level solution
- PeopleTools 8.54 and above
- Applications Designer
- Oracle PL/SQL (complex stored procedure development)
Knowledge and Skills
- Expert Knowledge in PeopleSoft HCM/CRM applications version 9.1 and above
Experience with PeopleSoft to Taleo integrations utilizing Taleo Client Connect
Experience with PeopleSoft HCM/CRM 9.2 Self-Service functionality
Knowledge in PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 is preferred
PeopleTools 8.54 and above
Relational Database skills (Relational table design, SQL development, JDBC connectivity, ODBC connectivity)
Oracle Database skills (Oracle PL/SQL, Oracle stored procedures, Toad for Oracle, Oracle OCI connectivity, Triggers, Views)
UNIX/Linux skills ( Navigating a UNIX or Linux OS, UNIX/Linux shell, Writing shell scripts, UNIX/Linux tools like VI, grep, SSH, etc.)
Messaging skills (Publish / Subscribe messaging architecture, IBM MQ messaging, SOA – Service Oriented Architecture, Web Services, XML)
Experience with RESTful or SOAP based Web Service integration
Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Visio)
Knowledge of multiple business functional / technical areas
Knowledge of a wide range of technical systems or expertise in a more narrow range
Knowledge of Rational Application Developer (Web Sphere) applications
Source Control skills (Source Check in / Check out, Application build processes, Rational ClearCase, Streams)
Java J2EE, JSF 2.0, PrimeFaces version 3.5 or 5.0
EJB and MDB development expertise
Web Development skills (AJAX, CSS – Content Style Sheets, HTML5, Java, J2EE, JSP – Java Server Pages, JSF – Java Server Faces, Responsive Design, Rich Faces, Prime Faces, Object oriented design & development, Design patterns)
Good understanding of multithreading and inter-process communication
Software design skills, including debugging, performance analysis and optimization for web-based applications
Experience with digital-media delivery, HTTP adaptive streaming. Familiarity with common media container formats and media streaming services
Ability to use multiple tools and techniques to facilitate the design, development, and integration of business systems
Ability to develop increasingly complex business systems
Ability to contingency plan, analyze systems for efficiencies, and develop test case scenarios
Ability to communicate effectively (both written and orally) with all levels of audiences
Highly fluent in multiple Web Service standards and technologies (SOAP, Jax-RS)
The CSX Competency Framework is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following competencies: analyze issues and make effective decisions, advance the business, engage, coach, and build a diverse workforce, build partnerships, improve service quality and processes, execute effectively, demonstrate personal leadership, and demonstrate functional and technical agility.
- Hours which include rotating on-call responsibilities which may be outside standard hours
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard work week)
- May be required to travel to Business Continuity site in support of real or test Disaster Recovery exercises.
Safety is a way of life at CSX, encompassing every aspect of company operations. Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers and the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and injuries. Not only is it the right thing to do, but when a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees and their families, the customers and the communities. In line with our commitment to safety, the applicant selected for this position may be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
CSX, based in Jacksonville, Florida, is a premier transportation company. It provides rail, intermodal and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction, agricultural, and consumer products. For nearly 190 years, CSX has played a critical role in the nation s economic expansion and industrial development. Its network connects every major metropolitan area in the eastern United States, where nearly two-thirds of the nation s population resides. It also links more than 240 short-line railroads and more than 70 ocean, river and lake ports with major population centers and farming towns alike. More information about CSX Corporation and its subsidiaries is available at www.csx.com. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
At CSX, two of the company s core values are People Make The Difference and Safety Is A Way of Life. We are committed to offering our team members the most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Click here to view the EEO is Law poster. Here
Click here to view the OFCCP pay transparency provision information. Here
CSX Transportation and its subsidiaries are not seeking outside assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies or search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Any resumes submitted by an outside vendor to any employee at CSX via e-mail, Internet, or directly to hiring managers without a valid written search agreement in place with the Talent Acquisition / HR department will be deemed the sole property of CSX. No placement fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired as a result of the referral, or through other means.
Company: CSX Technology