#nasw, #naswnc, #nasw #nc, #social #work, #nc, #social #workers, #msw, #bsw, #lcsw, #continuing #education, #job, #north #carolina, #social, #work, #ce, #career, #student, #conference, #programs, #international
The official theme for Social Work Month in March 2017 is “Social Workers Stand Up!”
Celebrated each March, National Professional Social Work Month is an opportunity for social workers across the country to turn the spotlight on the profession and highlight the important contributions they make to society.
Our nation’s more than 600,000 social workers have amazing tenacity and talent.
They confront some of the most challenging issues facing individuals, families, communities and society and forge solutions that help people reach their full potential and make our nation a better place to live.
We celebrate the contributions of social workers during National Social Work Month in March.
Here are activities you can take part in to commemorate the month, honor social workers, and educate the public about the often unnoticed ways that social workers bring great good to our society
How will YOU celebrate Social Work Month?
Find Social Work Month events all over North Carolina!
National Statement on Social Work Month Theme and Rationale
NASW-NC’s 2017 Social Work Month Toolkit:
Host/Attend an Event
- Want to attend NASW-NC Conferences? Click here for a listing of what’s coming soon!
- NASW-NC Local Program Units are celebrating in March. To learn more about attending events in your area, click here.
Recruit a Student
Research shows that young people who are involved in community volunteer work early in life are more likely to know social workers and to be interested in social work as a career.
- Want to find where social work students are going to school in NC? Check out this site !
Consider introducing yourself to the people who write about or report on the issues you care about in your town. Post insightful comments on their blogs, email them good resources, or follow them on Twitter.
- NASW-NC encourages you to seek out those in your community that will report the issues that are of interest in your area. Here is a link to local newspapers in NC by city .
NASW Chapters host annual awards programs to recognize exemplary members, supportive policymakers, media allies, and inspiring public citizens. If you are an NASW member, please take time this year to nominate social workers and other community champions you admire.
- North Carolina has several Awards that are given each year to students and social workers. Click here to learn more about the Awards!
- At the March Ethics Conference. NASW-NC honors the recipients of the Social Worker of the Year, the Presidents’ Award and Advocacy Award!
- Click here to learn more about social workers.
- Click here to learn about the history of social work?
Publish an Article
This Social Work Month, consider writing an op-ed, a letter to the editor, a guest column or a blog post to address an issue of concern for you.
- Want to Blog on what concerns you? Click here !
- Want to know how to write a great op-ed piece representing social work? Click here !
- Want to learn how to better target the media for Social Work Month? Utilize THIS !
Marketing social work services is an essential function of both a successful business and an effective non-profit organization.
- Be sure to get active with key committees and task forces in your community as a social worker to help elevate the profession of social work!
- Want help promoting yourself? Click here !
- Need some tips for marketing your practice? Click here !
Throughout March, we’re encouraging thousands of social workers to tweet, text and post short messages and videos online that help explain what they do.
- Want to Tweet with NASW-NC? Click here !
- Access the NASW-NC Facebook Page !
- Access the NASW-NC LinkedIn Page !
Social Work Month provides an opportunity for social workers to celebrate their profession and reaffirm the life changing work they do in every community.
- Ask your employers and community leaders to endorse the practice of social work in your area. This may include areas such as your church, hospitals, community service agencies, law enforcement, civic clubs, and the list goes on. Click here for sample testimonials!
- Here’s a link to the NC Yellow Pages to find the contacts you think could help!
World Social Work Day
Help us celebrate social workers around the globe! March 21st is World Social Work Day. Download posters translated in various languages, view events happening around the world, and help us celebrate our colleagues abroad who “Promoting Community and Environmental Sustainability”!
Did you know? NASW-NC is home to the NASW International District which has over 300 social work members living and working abroad! Check out the International District on Facebook and Twitter for international news, updates, and more.