Restaurant Business Plan Template
A professional, well-conceived restaurant business plan is absolutely essential for an independent restaurant venture to obtain funding and have any real chance for success.
Several of our members who have recently opened their own restaurants, tell us unequivocally, that having a first-class business plan was the single most important ingredient in making their new business a reality.
Our exclusive templates and resources give you a quick and easy way to prepare a winning business plan without spending hundred of hours researching, organizing and crafting every word yourself. It will also help you identify and think through the major and subtle elements that need to be addressed in any successful restaurant startup.
Use these resources to simplify and speed up the preparation process with a proven outline to communicate your plan in a professional, compelling format that will enhance your credibility and improve your chances of attracting investors and obtaining the necessary financing.
As a member of RestaurantOwner.com, you’ll also receive startup checklists, opening manuals and other resources to stay on schedule and on budget during the startup stage as well a large array of templates and tools to develop your operational systems and procedures so you’re ready for business when opening day arrives.
Summary of Features Benefits:
- Pre-written content and customizable documents, including a detailed business plan financial model, to simplify and expedite the preparation of a professional, comprehensive plan.
- Instructions and guidance for preparing all the major elements of a business plan including Executive Summary, Business Concept, Management Team, Market Analysis, Marketing Strategy, Operational Plan, Investment Analysis, Growth Plan, Exit Strategy, and Financial Projections.
- Links to literally hundreds of related articles, resources and tools available within RestaurantOwner.com and beyond to help you learn new ideas, fine tune your strategies and enhance the credibility of yourself and your plan.
- Current industry research ready for you to use or edit compiled from National Restaurant Association’s Food Industry Analysis and other authoritative sources.
- Step-by-step instructions for preparing the all-important Financial Section of your plan including creation of your startup budget, financial projections and return on investment analysis.
- Personal support through RestaurantOwner.com’s discussion forum where business plan questions are promptly responded to with valuable insights from our experienced staff and thousands of fellow independent operators.
The business plan templates and resources were created by Jim Laube, a practicing CPA for 25 years, and Joe Erickson, a former restaurant owner and operator. The authors have been involved in hundreds of restaurant business plan and startup projects over their careers.
The following Table of Contents reflects the comprehensive structure of the business plan template:
- Managing Partner/Owner
- General Manager
- Kitchen Manager/Chef
- Management Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Industry Assessment
- Target Market
- Location Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Business Relationships
- 4 Walls Marketing
- Public Relations
- Daily Operations Production
- Customer Service
- Management Controls
- Administrative Systems
Growth Plan/Exit Strategy
- Expansion Plans
- Investor Exit Options
- Investor Expansion Options
- Project Sources Uses of Cash
- Capital Budget
- Sales Projection
- Hourly Labor Projection
- Detailed Statement of Income Cash Flow Year 1
- Summary Statement of Income Cash Flow Year 1
- Summary Statements of Income Cash Flow Years 1-5
- Break-Even Cash Flow Projection
Download the Restaurant Business Plan Template
This form is available in the following formats. You must have a compatible program installed on your computer to use them.
How to Prepare a Restaurant Business Plan: Financial Section
The financial section is often viewed as the most important part of a business plan. It is likely to receive a lot of attention and even scrutiny from potential lenders and investors. Use these guidelines .
Tips and Instructions: Using the Restaurant Business Plan Template
This article provides tips and instructions to help you understand how to use the Restaurant Business Plan Template.
Business Plan Financials Model – Tableservice
To the majority of potential lenders and investors, the financial section will be the most important part of your business plan. Even if the other sections of your plan are impeccable, the financials .