Phillip Asset Management Company Limited (PAMC) is the asset management arm of the Phillip Securities (Thailand) Public Company Limited (PST) with fund management expertise in equities, and fixed income for retail and institutions investors. PAMC was incorporated in August 2006 with the current paid-up capital of Baht 100 million.
PST was part of PhillipCapital Group of Singapore, which provided broad ranges of financial products and services, including stockbroking, asset management, real estate, online trading and information technology.
PhillipCapital�s asset management had operations in Singapore, Malaysia, United Kingdom and Hong Kong. In Singapore, its asset management company, Phillip Capital Management Ltd (PCM), was awarded for �Best Fund Group over Three Years� in 2 consecutive years (2005 and 2006) by Standard Poor�s. Other than this, PCM also awarded with the following:-
Fund House Award � Phillip Capital Management
The Edge-Lipper Singapore Fund Awards
- 2005 Best Fund Group Over Three Years (Equity Group)
- 2004 Best Fund Group Over Three Years (Equity Group)
Phillip Asia Pacific Growth Fund
Standard Poor’s Fund Awards, Singapore
- 2005 Winner of the Equity Asia Pacific (3 Years) Category
- 2005 Winner of the Equity Asia Pacific (5 Years) Category
- 2004 Winner of the Equity Asia Pacific (3 Years) Category
- 2004 Winner of the Equity Asia Pacific (5 Years) Category
- 2003 Best Performing Equity Asia Pacific Fund over 3 Years
- 2003 Best Performing Equity Asia Pacific Fund over 5 Years
The Edge-Lipper Singapore Funds Awards
- 2005 Best Fund over Three Years (Equity Asia Pacific)
- 2005 Best Fund over Five Years (Equity Asia Pacific)
- 2004 Best Fund over One Year (Equity Asia Pacific)
- 2004 Best Fund over Three Years (Equity Asia Pacific)
- 2004 Best Fund over Five Years (Equity Asia Pacific)
- 2003 No 1 in Equity Asia Pacific Funds Over 5 Years
Phillip Growth Fund:
Standard Poor’s Fund Awards Singapore
- 2005 Winner of the Asset Allocation Global Neutral (3 year) Category
- 2004 Winner of the Asset Allocation Global Neutral (3 year) Category
The Edge-Lipper Singapore Funds Awards
- 2004 Best Fund over Three Years (Equity Global)
With all the achievement, PhillipCapital wish to bring in its expertise and experience to Thailand by sharing common investment philosophy and processes. Mr. Jeffrey Lee Chay Khiong, the Managing Director and Chief Investment Officer of PCM, has also been appointed as the Chairman of the board of PAMC and would share his investment experience with the Thai teams.
1.2 Investment Philosophy
PAMC is growth oriented with the objective of achieving superior medium to long-term performance. Our mission is to provide our clients with the highest quality of investment management services and to exceed their risk-return expectations.
We understand the importance and value of your hard-earned money. We select quality investments for you and when we invest your monies on your behalf, we invest as though the monies are ours. We strive to excel in your risk-return expectations. In this way, our investors are assured that we have their best interests at heart.
We focus our efforts to grow your money by:
- Preserving Capital
- Diversifying Risks
- Achieving Consistent Returns
1.3 Investment Process
We determine the relative attractiveness between stocks, bonds and cash by examining:
- The stage of the economic and liquidity cycle
- The deviation from historical norms
- Positioning of investors
We adopt a bottom-up approach by examining:
- Fundamentals of the issue rigorously to derive a fair value
- Technical price behaviour to determine implicit market expectations
- Possible triggers, which would realise the full potential for the security
Combining Top-Down and Bottom-Up Approaches
Our investment process is characterized by the combined merits of top-down and bottom-up approaches:
- Top-down approach forms the basis of PAMC�s asset and industry/geographical allocation decisions. The investment committee, with inputs from the investment team, will provide a fundamental macro-economic perspective on issues and data that could impact equity prices, bond yields, and currencies.
- Bottom-up approach encompasses the vigorous process of quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine absolute and relative attractiveness of the securities.
1.4 Our Investment Committee
Our Investment Committee were comprised of the following:-
Mr. Jeffrey Lee Chay Khiong was a Director of Investment at AIB Govett (Asia) Ltd and held senior investment manager positions at DBS Bank and Mitsubishi Corporation Group. Additionally, he has previously served on the Board of Directors of a number of companies within the DBS Bank and the PhillipCapital Group, as well as several venture capital investment companies. Jeffrey�s fund management experience spans several investment cycles. His track record includes a number of highly rated unit trusts in the Asia Pacific and Global Funds category. A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) since 1990, he obtained Bachelor�s (Honours) degree in Chemical Engineering in 1985 on a Public Service Commission Merit Scholarship.
Mr. Vattana Vongseenin held several senior positions in the financial discipline for many financial institutions in Thailand and appointed as Chief Executive Officer of Phillip Asset Management Company Limited in July 2007. His past experience mainly focused on investment area, as a fund manager, from fixed income securities to equities in the SET. He obtained Master degree in Money, Banking, Finance in 1991, and also held Master of Business Administration in International Banking Finance in 1993, both from the University of Birmingham, the UK.