Hospitality & Tourism Management
As chair of the Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) at Isenberg School of Management, it is my great pleasure to welcome you on behalf of the faculty, staff, and students of the department to one of the best HTM programs in the world with great legacy and reputation. Our faculty, with strong industry experience and connections, and research applications are well positioned to educate professionals for the Hospitality and Tourism Industry.
We are committed to producing highly qualified and well-rounded graduates possessing fundamental knowledge of our unique industry. We believe that a degree in hospitality and tourism management with strong management and business knowledge enables you to have an exciting career in this dynamic and globally expanding business environment.
The HTM industry is thriving, and our graduates have taken advantage of career opportunities in many of the finest hotels, restaurants, clubs, casinos and event management.
Every year, elite students choose our program because it is regarded as one of the best in the world. Our students are particularly successful because we offer:
- Cutting-edge, innovative curriculum that offers a fine balance between academic rigor and practical application
- Expert faculty members with professional experience who work closely with students
- Accredited curriculum. resources and staff by the Accreditation Commission for Program in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA)
- Completely Online degree completion program, giving you the flexibility to juggle the demands of school, work and family life
I m proud of serving as chair of the program. Whether you are a student, a parent, alumni, an employer, or a colleague, we want to hear from you. Your comments and suggestions will help us move to the next heights and provide us with encouragement and directions to maintain excellence in teaching, experiential learning and our engagement and research in our highly dynamic and challenging industry.
Isenberg Hotel Tourism Management students translate their passion for food, travel and people into management careers as experts and entrepreneurs in the restaurant, hotel and entertainment industry.
What will I learn?
The HTM curriculum gives students the expertise, commitment and skills for positions in the expanding industry of hospitality. Among other topics, you’ll learn:
- Food and Beverage Management
- Service Experience Management
- Lodging Operations
- Casino Management
- Destination Management
- Event Management
- Club Management
- Revenue Management
- Human Resource Management and Hospitality Law
- Accounting, Finance, Marketing and Economics
What will I do with my degree?
Graduates apply for employment with restaurants, hotels, casinos, clubs, and contract food services. You may work as a:
- Human Resource Manager
- Hotel, Casino or Club Manager
- Event Planner or Manager
- Service Experience Manager
- Revenue Manager
- Sales and Marketing Professional
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Destination Management and Marketing Manager
Hospitality and Tourism Management is a field of study within the Bachelor of Science degree program at the Isenberg School of Management.