Online Health Technology Courses and Classes with Descriptions
Several schools offer online health technology courses, either as part of an associate’s degree, certificate program, or as free classes open to anyone. Online health technology courses are often delivered via classroom software programs that allow students to interact with professors and peers, submit assignments and view study materials online.
Show Me Schools
View popular schools
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Athletic Trainer
- Cardiovascular Technologies
- Electrocardiograph Tech. – ECG, EKG
- Electroencephalographic Tech. – EEG, END
- EMT and Paramedic
- Genetic Therapy
- Industrial Radiologic Technology
- Medical Radiologic Therapist
- Nuclear Medical Technologist
- Physician Assistant
- Radiation Protection Technology
- Radiological Science and Technologies
- Respiratory Care Therapy
- Surgical Technologies
- Ultrasound and Sonography Technologies
Online Courses in Health Technology
The following courses are a sample of some commonly offered online health technology courses.
- Patient Care Equipment Technology Course: Students who are enrolled in this course will be introduced to aspects of healthcare technology management, safety, troubleshooting of patient care equipment and anatomy and physiology. Some other topics include infusion devices, pacemakers, defibrillators, electrocardiographs, and physiological monitors.
- Advanced Medical Equipment Systems Course: Students will learn about various clinical laboratory equipment, surgery devices and dialysis systems. This course also covers a wide array of commonly used imaging systems such as x-ray machines, CT scanners, MRI machines, ultrasound equipment, and flouroscopy equipment.
- Healthcare Technology Management: Advanced Medical Equipment Systems Course: Students enrolled in this healthcare technology course will learn about a variety of medical systems and devices. For each device that is covered in the course, students will learn the principles of operation as well as problems and solutions. Students will also learn about the planning and blending of medical technology and IT. Other course topics include clinical engineering, life cycle management, device safety, clinical application, and preventative maintenance.
- Healthcare Information Systems Course: Healthcare information systems courses deal with various aspects of current information technologies. Legislative, ethical and political issues may be discussed. Students will also analyze case studies to learn about the uses and data sources for a contemporary health information systems environment.
- Medical Terminology Course: Knowledge of the vast number of medical terms is crucial for a student aspiring to have a career in the health field. This course introduces students to common terms used to communicate information in medical areas such as record keeping, development, and research.
- Electronic Health Records Course: Students in this course will explore the techniques and methodologies of keeping electronic records in a healthcare environment. Topics include the aggregation of data, security and the various types of applications in electronic health records (EHRs).
- Advanced Health Informatics Course: This course offers students an in-depth examination of information technology within health informatics. Students will study hospital information systems (HIS), the processing of health information and how these tools are used with other health organizations.
Online associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs as well as graduate certificates are all available at schools around the country. Although each school may offer unique classes, there are several health technology courses and topics of study common to online programs. Distance learning coursework often includes the study of human anatomy, physiology, patient care and medical technology management.
Many community colleges and universities use a combination of synchronous and asynchronous technologies to deliver courses via the Internet. Students may also be required to use a type of learning management system, such as Blackboard, to receive feedback from professors and to facilitate class discussions. Some programs may require students to have regular access to word processing, spreadsheet and video presentation software in order to complete assignments.
Online health technology courses are offered via standalone classes, graduate certificates, and associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Course topics include health informatics, patient care equipment technology and advanced medical systems.
Next: View Schools
Medical and health information technology certification is required for technicians in that field. Get some quick facts about.
Find out the job duties of health information technicians. Learn the education requirements to work in this field, as well as.
There are only several schools near Long Beach that offer programs in health information technology. Read about the top local.
Students interested in studying health information technology in Madison, WI, have very few schools to choose from. Read about.
- EdD in Organizational Leadership – Health Care Administration
- MBA: Health Systems Management
- MS in Health Care Administration
- Master of Public Administration – Health Care Management
- BS in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Health Science
- BS in Health Care Administration
- View more
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- Master of Health Administration
- Executive Certificate in Health Administration