Online Class: Basic Math 101
Fear fractions no more. And learn whether to add first or multiply first in a string of operations. Whether you are struggling with basic math functions in a course today, you are taking a new job that demands understanding of math, or you simply need to review or remember some part of basic math, this course will bring you up to speed. Learn to really understand addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; know how to calculate and move among decimals, fractions, and percents; figure out ratios and proportions like a pro; and learn to use a calculator for basic math functions.
This course deals with the nuts and bolts of Math. Students will become equipped with a solid foundation of the mathematical tools required to solve more complex mathematical operations. This course would benefit any student (regardless of age) who requires help understanding basic math skills in order to pass a placement test, a course, a specific job, or a review or brush up on math skills.
No previous education is required though understanding lesson material assumes students at least have a 7 th grade reading level. Lessons will focus on the steps involved in adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing as well as the order of operations. In addition this course will focus on the various forms of numbers such as fractions, decimals, percents, radical signs, absolute value signs exponents, ratios.
Lesson 1. Numbers and Terminology
This lesson focuses on numbers and terminology, such as digits, place values, and variables.
Lesson 2 – Addition
This lesson focuses on addition, both simple and carrying.
Lesson 3. Subtraction
This lesson covers subtraction, both basic and borrowing.
Lesson 4. Multiplication
This lesson focuses on multiplication, including both single and multiple digits.
Lesson 5 – Division
This lesson covers division, including grouping, facts, and single and multiplier divisors.
Lesson 6. Signs used in Operations – Positive and Negative Numbers
This lesson focuses on signs used in operations, including positive and negative numbers.
Lesson 7 – Operations and Properties
This lesson looks at operations and properties, including closure, and order of operations.
Lesson 8 – Fractions
This lesson focuses on fractions, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
Lesson 9 – Decimals/The Decimal Number System
This lesson focuses on decimals, including moving them, converting fractions, adding and subtracting, etc.
Lesson 10 – Percents
This lesson focuses on using percents, including converting.
Lesson 11 – Other Operations
This lesson looks at other operations, including rounding, estimating, exponents, powers, etc.
Lesson 12 – Calculators: Using a Calculator
This final lesson focuses on correctly using a calculator.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
Course Title: Basic Math 101
Course Number: 9770448
Languages: English – United States, Canada and other English speaking countries
Course Type: High School Level
CE Accreditation: Universal Class, Inc. has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Grading Policy: Earn a final grade of 70% or higher to receive an online/downloadable CEU Certification documenting CEUs earned.
Assessment Method: Lesson assignments and review exams
Duration: Continuous: Enroll anytime!
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Know numbers and basic terminology.
- Solve addition problems.
- Solve subtraction problems.
- Solve multiplication problems.
- Solve division problems.
- Solve problems involving positive and negative numbers.
- Solve fraction problems.
- Solve decimal problems.
- Solve percent problems, and
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
- “Everything was fine. Everything was fine.” — Martha B.
- “The instructor deserves 5 stars. He put the materials together in a way that was challenging and allowed me to get back truly to the basics and for that I am grateful. I am going to continue to pursue brushing up on my skills in math and hope to achieve success on my upcoming college entrance exams. The instructor deserves 5 stars. He put the materials together in a way that was challenging and allowed me to get back truly to the basics and for that I am grateful. I am going to continue to pursue brushing up on my skills in math and hope to achieve success on my upcoming college entrance exams.” — Dorinda B.
- “I really found the combination of written materials and video content and class e-mail, as well as the netlinks and study exercises, to be the most helpful. I really found the combination of written materials and video content and class e-mail, as well as the netlinks and study exercises, to be the most helpful.” — Wilson M.
- “The precentage was very helpful learning how to divide and multiply with precentages helped me with the steps. The precentage was very helpful learning how to divide and multiply with precentages helped me with the steps.” — Dorothea B.
- “The videos were most helpful. The videos were most helpful.” — Suzette N.
- “The instructor is very good. The instructor is very good.” — Ruth D.
- “Fast feedback. Fast feedback!” — Cynthia S.
- View More Testimonials.