#Medical #billing #schools #in #nyc
Medical Assistant Training Programs In New York and Phoenix
The Medical Assistant Training Program at The Allen School of Health Sciences provides a curriculum that includes theory and skills in many areas. В Medical Assistants work under the direct supervision of a physician or other licensed healthcare provider.В Medical Assistants are typically employed in medical offices, urgent care clinics, outpatient surgery centers, and medical specialties such as pediatrics, internal medicine, urology, dermatology, and cardiology.
This training program is offered atВ both our Brooklyn and Jamaica/Queens NY campuses, as well as our Phoenix AZ campus. Courses include hands on clinical skills as well as theory classes and students get to receive real-world experience during the internship included as part of this training program.
We’ve helped thousands of students afford the opportunity to achieve their dream of working in healthcare industry.
Veteran Educational Benefits
Our Financial Aid Specialists can help you to get the most out of your Active Duty Tuition Assistance, Montgomery GI Bill, or Post 9/11 GI Bill.
About The Medical Assistant Training Program
The Medical Assistant Program at The Allen School of Health Sciences provides a curriculum that includes theory and skills in many areas including:
- Computer literacy, including keyboarding and word processing Composing professional business letters and memos.
- Administrative skills such as front office operations, telephone skills, appointment scheduling, medical records management, and patient billing practices.
- Overview of the healthcare system and understanding of healthcare insurance programs
- Understanding the structure and basic functions of the human body as well as common illness and disorders.
- Measuring vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration), and preparing patients for examinations
- Obtaining electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Performing phlebotomy (blood drawing) basic urinalysis, and waived laboratory tests
- Effective communication and developing good patient relations.
- Medical law and ethics as it pertains to the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
- Beginning a successful medical assistant career by creating a professional resume and examining effective interview techniques.
What Does A Medical Assistant Do?
A Medical Assistant is a multi-skilled healthcare professional that is able to provide support in the administrative and clinical area of the medical practice. They assist the physician and other healthcare providers in the delivery of medical care. While the duties of a Medical Assistant are vast and varied, typically those duties include:
- Updating and managing patient medical records
- Verifying insurance coverage
- Authorizing specialist referrals
- Scheduling appointments
- Assisting with minor office surgery and caring for surgical instruments
- Managing the medical supply inventory
- Drawing blood and performing waived lab tests
- Preparing patients for the physician and assisting with examinations
- Performing electrocardiography
Do YOU have what it takes to be our next success story? Contact us now to get started.
Medical Assistant Training Program in NY – AZ, The Allen School, medical billing schools in nyc.