Lowest Cost Will County Water Heater Repair Installation
Fuel Type and Energy Efficiency
Working in combination with your home s heating space heating source, both units utilize the same fuel. The EF standards are similar to traditional tank units; however, because most combination heaters are high-efficiency they will likely exceed the rated EF standards.
How To Get the Best Water Heater Contractor in Joliet, Bolingbrook and Plainfield
When your home has no hot water, your instinct is to work with the contractor who can get to you the fastest. However, taking just a few minutes to find the pro who asks questions, listens to your answers and educates you on your options will save time, money and headaches.
- Proper Troubleshooting Does the water have an odor, is it cloudy or discolored, does it simply not get hot enough? Experienced water heater companies in Joliet, Bolingbrook, Plainfield and Romeoville know the telltale signs to see if a cracked tank or corrosive rust is causing the problem. For less obvious problems, a pro will systematically check the recirculating system, connector, supply line, thermocouple, drain valve and burner assembly before completing diagnosis.
- Finding the Right Water Heater Company in Will County The best water heater contractor in Will County is the one who knows how to quickly and accurately diagnose and repair your problem while sticking to the quoted price. Look for a contractor with a long history of positive reviews and check the company s BBB rating. Make sure the installer is insured and holds a Illinois license and that it’s up to date.
- Deciding Whether to Repair or Replace If the estimated cost of labor to repair your heater is greater than the value of it’s remaining warranty, you will probably want to replace the unit. Also consider a replacement if your current model is outdated; newer tankless hot water heaters in Joliet, Bolingbrook and Plainfield are very energy efficient and can save you a significant amount of money on utility bills.
- Choosing Between Similar Water Heaters in Will County After narrowing down the type you need for household size and hot water usage and budget many models blend together. This is where selecting a brand becomes important and if it falls within your budget Aptera recommends Rheem, Bradford White and AO Smith water heaters for their solid build and rock solid warranties. Kenmore and Whirlpool also make great tankless heaters.
You Ask We Answer
How Often Do I Need Service?
Regular inspections and annual flushing can prevent sudden, costly repairs.
It is Making a Lot of Noise But is Still Functioning, Do I Need to Worry Right Now?
This is usually an indication of sediment in the water tank. While you may still have hot water, it is not running as efficiently as it could. Having the tank drained and serviced will improve efficiency and could extend the life of your heater.
Does a Leaking Water Heater Have to be Replaced?
Yes, in most cases a leaking tank means cannot be patched. If a loose fitting is causing the leak however, it might be repairable.
How Long Will My Water Heater Last?
Depending on the model, most will last between 6 and 15 years, though 20 years is not uncommon with regular maintenance and parts replacement.
What Does the Warranty Cover?
This varies by manufacturer, but typically the warranty includes all parts and labor to repair or replace defective parts for the first full year from the date of installation. After the first year, the warranty usually provides coverage for the replacement of defective parts, but does not pay for the labor associated with installing the parts.
Are You Insured?
Liability insurance and workers compensation policies protect you from financial obligations stemming from damages or injuries that may occur while a contractor is working on your project. Ask the contractor for a certificate of insurance with you listed as the additional insured (your contractor can obtain this from the insurance agency at no additional cost).
Is a Permit Required For a New Installation?
Yes you need a permit to ensure installation is up to the municipality s building codes. Aptera installation experts will explain the permit process and obtain the proper permit for you.
Tips for Reducing Your Water Heating Costs
Monthly heating costs can vary greatly depending on the age and model of your water heater, the fuel source used and the amount of hot water you use each day. Reduce waste and your costs by following the guidelines below:
- Turn Down the Temperature Set it no higher than 120 degrees to increase efficiency and lower the risk of scalding burns.
- Add Insulation Insulating a water heater in Will County is not difficult, but if you cover the wrong area it could be dangerous. Leave this job to a pro.
- Replace Faucets and Showerheads Low flow fixtures can substantially reduce the amount of water you are using without cutting into your showering time.
- Use Your Dishwasher A dishwasher uses less water than hand washing dishes, just be sure yours is an energy-efficient model.
- Wash the Load on Cold Cold water cleans most laundry just as well as hot water.
- Upgrade to a New Model New, energy-star certified water heaters in Joliet, Bolingbrook and Plainfield can greatly reduce your utility bills thanks to advancements in technology and efficiency standards .
For more details on energy efficiency requirements go to the US Department of Energy www1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/appliance_standards or the PHCC .