Los Angeles, CA
SAE Los Angeles
Open House 7/15
Classes Start 8/21
SAE Institute Los Angeles
SAE Institute Los Angeles is located on Santa Monica Boulevard, right in the heart of Hollywood. Our new 2015 campus offers a rich history in the industry as it occupies the 42,000 square foot former home of the Eastman Kodak Company.
The campus features 5 live rooms and 13 control rooms featuring a variety of consoles and industry-standard equipment such as the Toft ATB 24, SSL AWS 900, Avid C|24, and the new SSL Duality.
In addition, there is a 19,660 square foot open-air atrium courtyard, a 44-person screening room with an Avid S6 console and JBL Screen Array 5.1 system, and a Learning Resource Center with 12 individual Apple iMac workstations. Enhanced WiFi throughout the campus’ two buildings ensure students are always connected!
As of December 12, 2016, our accreditor, Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), is no longer recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. SAE Institute of Technology has 18 months following the ACICS loss of recognition to find a new accrediting agency to maintain eligibility to receive funds under the Title IV, HEA programs. If SAE Institute of Technology does not obtain accreditation within that 18 month period, which ends June 12, 2018, our school will no longer be eligible to receive funds under Title IV, HEA programs.
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833
Phone: (888) 370-7589
About Los Angeles
Los Angeles, home of Hollywood! LA is the entertainment capital of the world, including having over 300 museums that will suit any taste. A cultural mecca filled with fun people, amazing food, and weather that can’t be beat. Los Angeles has anything you are looking for, whether you’re an art lover, a music enthusiast, an insatiable fashionista or a connoisseur of all things food LA is the place to be!
Los Angeles Map
- Take a stroll down the famous Hollywood Walk of Fame and find the stars of your favorite celebs!
- Hike up to the Griffith Observatory and take in the picturesque view from atop the mountain where you can see all of LA! Then stop in the planetarium, o n clear nights the observatory opens its Zeiss telescope for public viewing
- Get touristy and hit up Madame Tussauds and see life-like full wax statues of your favorite celebrities, or head down the block to The Hollywood Museum to get a glimpse of the largest collection of hollywood memorabilia in the world!
- Catch a flick in the world famous Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, maybe you’ll get lucky and spot a celeb!
- Tournament of Roses Parade
- Brazilian Carnival
- Academy Awards
- The Grammys
- Los Angeles Marathon
- Los Angeles GLBT Pride Festival
- Los Angeles Film Festival
- Make Music Pasadena
- Outfest (Film Festival)
- International Pop Overthrow
- LA International Short Film Festival
- LA County Fair
- AFI International Film Festival
- Hollywood Christmas Parade
- LA County Holiday Celebration
Additional links and resources
Local Services in Los Angeles
In an emergency call: 911 (Ambulance, Fire, Police)
Poisons advice: 1-800-222-1222
Don’t know if it’s an emergency? Call 877-ASK-LAPD (877-275-5273)
Medical Centers (Close to Campus)
Hollywood Walk-In Clinic
6430 Selma Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Hollywood Community Hospital
6245 De Longpre Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Los Angeles Free Clinic
6043 Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Southern California Counseling Center
5615 W Pico Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90019
Getting Around Los Angeles
Los Angeles has fantastic weather, so if you reside near the school, go for a brisk walk to and from class.
2. Portable Ride
Beautiful climate and ease of storage can help you with the many means of transportation, such as skateboards, bicycles, mopeds, and scooters. Learn more about bicylcing in Los Angeles .
if you find that you live fairly close to other classmates, create your own carpool together. This is an excellent idea for students on a budget to help manage gas, mileage, parking, and time. For more information on starting your own carpool group, check out the Metro.net Ridesharing Page .
4. Public Transportation
Nearest Stops from SAE: (Red Line) Hollywood Vine and Hollywood Highland
Nearest Bus Lines:
- Metro Line 2
- Metro Line 212
- Metro Line 217
- Metro Line 222
Nearest Stops: Hollywood Wilcox or Sunset Highland
Rates: $1 – $2 hour
Free: Residential, Non-Permit
Hours: Between 8am – 8pm Monday through Thursday
Weekends / Peak Hours Vary