#irvine #business #attorney
Legal solutions for small business.
The Law Office of Jonas M. Grant, A.P.C. is a Los Angeles, California law firm focusing on cost-effective business, employment, real estate, intellectual property, entertainment, and estate planning representation for start-ups, established small businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals and families throughout Los Angeles, California, Nevada, and the world.*
Our difference is personal, responsive service and a dedication to serving our clients with honesty and integrity while delivering exceptional value for our fees. We are not a high-volume mill where clients are just numbers in a billing software program. At the most basic level, this means we return phone calls and emails, almost always within one business day.
Wherever possible, we counsel and assist our clients in proper planning to avoid and minimize time-consuming and costly legal disputes, but we also stand ready to aggressively defend our clients’ interests where such planning was not undertaken or in those instances where litigation or alternative dispute resolution is nonetheless necessary.
Areas of focus include:
- Corporate and business entities law: Formation, registration, modifications, maintenance, and dissolution of C and S corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), LLPs, and limited and general partnerships
- Employment and independent contractor law for California employers and businesses / consultants
- Contracts, agreements, and general business law
- Business dispute resolution, mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- Real estate law
- Trademarks / copyrights / intellectual property law
- Internet and technology law
- Entertainment law
- Estate planning, living trusts, wills
See also this list of legal services offered.
Current client industry sectors Internet and technology, physicians and health care, real estate, consulting, retail, apparel, and entertainment.
20700 Ventura Blvd. Suite 328
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
By Appointment Only
New client calls are generally returned within 24 hours (with those leaving a detailed message receiving priority); however, at times, if appropriate, email may be the most efficient way to make initial contact.
“Failing to plan is planning to fail.” – Alan Lakein
2000-2017 Law Office of Jonas M. Grant, A Professional Corporation. All rights reserved.
* Principal attorney Jonas M. Grant, Esq. licensed in California, Nevada, and Illinois (inactive).
Law corporation licensed by the State Bar of California.
This law firm web site is intended for those seeking to find a Los Angeles California Business Attorney, Los Angeles California LLC Lawyer, Los Angeles CA Incorporation Attorney, Los Angeles California Trademark Lawyer, Service Mark Attorney, Los Angeles California Copyright Attorney, or Los Angeles Estate Planning Attorney or Wills and Trusts Lawyer. The attorney of this law firm serves clients worldwide but primarily those residing in and/or conducting business in Southern California; namely, Los Angeles County (including the San Fernando Valley cities Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Burbank – downtown and Media Center areas, Toluca Lake, Valley Village, North Hollywood / NoHo Arts District neighborhood, Van Nuys, Valley Glen, and the West Valley neighborhoods Woodland Hills, Encino, Tarzana, Calabasas, Topanga Canyon, Chatsworth, and West Hills, along with other County of Los Angeles cities such as Glendale, Pasadena, the City of Los Angeles, Hollywood, and the west side neighborhoods of Westwood Village – mid Wilshire corridor, West Los Angeles (westside), Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Culver City, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, and Brentwood). We also serve clients from the O.C. Orange County (including Irvine, Santa Ana, Fullerton, Anaheim, and Orange) – Ventura County (Ventura, Simi Valley, Oxnard, Santa Clarita, Newhall, Valencia, Canyon Country, and Moorpark) – Riverside County – San Bernardino County – Inland Empire / Central California – Sacramento, Fresno / Northern California and San Francisco – Bay Area – Silicon Valley – San Jose | Area codes served include 818 & 747 | west side area codes 310 and 424 | la area code 213 la | l.a. area code 323 l.a. | area code 909 | area code 951 | area code 805 | area code 626 | area code 562 | socal area code 714 | area code 949 | so cal area code 619 | area code 858 | area code 760 | areacode 661 | area code 559 | area code 831 | area code 209 | area code 916 | area code 707 | area code 530 | area code 415 | area code 650 | area code 510 | area code 408 | and area code 925. losangeles calif califrnia usa
Business Entities :
- Formation of S corporations, C corporations, close corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), and limited liability partnership (LLPs) nationwide, including custom Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws (corps) / Articles of Organization and Operating Agreements (LLCs)
- Legal advice concerning formation issues for S corps, C corps, LLCs, and LLPs nationwide (Selection of state of formation e.g. California vs Nevada / California vs Delaware, etc.; Choice of entity e.g. LLC vs S corp. S corp vs C corp. etc.)
- Professional corporations for CPAs/accountants, doctors, dentists, architects, real estate and mortgage brokers, attorneys, and other licensed professionals
- Nonprofits; IRS 501(c)(3) tax exemption applications and state tax exemption filings
- LLCs for investment / rental real estate
- Pre-incorporation, shareholder, and buy-sell agreements
- Director and officer indemnification agreements
- Stock option agreements
- Assistance with initial and annual shareholder and board of directors meetings, review/update of bylaws, corporate maintenance and resolutions
- Revival of suspended corporations and LLCs
- Partnership agreements and disputes
- Dissolution and wind-up, purchase, sale, merger, and conversion of corporations, LLCs, LLPs nationwide
- California resident agent for service of process
Business and Employment Law :
- Drafting of custom contracts and reusable templates
- Review and negotiation of contracts / agreements
- Licensing agreements
- Non-disclosure (NDA) and confidentiality and agreements
- Employment and independent contractor agreements
- Employee Stock Option Plans
- Employee manuals and California “Sue Your Boss” law compliance audits
- Corporate counsel, outsourced (monthly retainer arrangements available)
- Dispute resolution, negotiation, and business litigation
Intellectual Property Law :
- Trademark registration filings and advice – state and federal/USPTO
- Comprehensive trademark searches
- Copyright registration filings and copyright law advice
- Internet domain name, trademark, and copyright disputes and infringement actions
Entertainment Law :
- Literary option and sale agreements and related negotiations and copyright law issues
- Life rights agreements, releases, and related negotiations and copyright law issues
- Contract review, revision, and drafting
- Film production counsel / documentary production counsel
- Outsourced (retainer basis) business affairs / legal department
- Literary submission agreements
- Screenplay legal issues review
- Legal consulting for screenwriters and novelists with questions about substantive law or procedure to enhance the accuracy and believability of their literary work
- Screenwriter and book author collaboration agreements
- Copyright application filings and advice
- Copyright infringement advice and cease-and-desist letters
- Talent/artist loan-out corporations
- Above-the-line (ATL) employment agreements: writer / producer / director / actor
- Below-the-line (BTL) employment agreements
- Agent / manager / publicist / attorney client representation agreements
- General entertainment business and entertainment law advice for novice writers/directors/producers/actors
Litigation / Dispute Resolution, Real Estate, Estate Planning, and Wills & Trusts :
- Dispute resolution, negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and civil litigation
- Real estate law; commercial and other leases
- Wills and living trusts; revocable trusts
- Living wills / advance health care directives
- Durable powers of attorney for health care / general powers of attorney / limited powers of attorney / financial powers of attorney / durable, nondurable, and springing power of attorney
Please do not hesitate to inquire if your legal needs are not mentioned above; this is of necessity a partial list, and a referral to another Los Angeles California attorney or Southern California lawyer may often be made if your legal needs fall outside the practice areas listed above. No matter is too small or too large – we associate with other experienced Los Angeles California lawyers and Southern California attorneys and law firms when doing so is advantageous to the client’s interest. Not sure? A free initial consultation via telephone or email can help you decide if we are the law firm for you.