New Jersey Colleges
Find the ideal New Jersey college for your budget, lifestyle, and career goals. CollegeStats helps you compare New Jersey colleges offering a variety of degree programs to choose from.
Find the Best Colleges in New Jersey
New Jersey, also known as The Garden State, has a plethora of exciting things and places to see. For example, there are many casinos and a fun boardwalk in Atlantic City to explore, and the thrill of New York City is just less than a hundred miles away! With 39 state parks and 11 state forests, students in New Jersey can easily get their nature fix on weekends or even in between classes.
The Garden State is home to some of the most prestigious universities in the country. One of these is, of course, Princeton University, which has been continuously ranked #1 for the past few years. In addition to the usual community colleges and public and private 4-year and graduate institutions, New Jersey also offers higher education in religious environments.
Summary: Colleges and Universities in New Jersey
CollegeStats makes it easy to compare colleges in New Jersey by tuition, degree program types, and many other college stats. Here’s an overview to help with your search.
- Community colleges: New Jersey is home to 19 community colleges offering two-year associate degrees in different fields of study.
- Public four-year and graduate institutions: There are 8 public state colleges and universities, and 3 public research universities in the state. Some popular ones include Rutgers University, The College of New Jersey, and Montclair State University, to name a few. These universities offer coursework in high-demand fields today such as business, medicine, sciences, engineering, and so much more!
- Private four-year and graduate universities: The Garden State has 14 private 4-year and graduate universities. Of these, Princeton University is the most prestigious and competitive to get into, with a mere admit rate of 7.4%! Felician University is a smaller private institution of around 2,500 students that offers higher education in a Catholic environment.
Compare New Jersey colleges with our easy-to-use search tool.
Fascinating Facts about New Jersey
Check out these fascinating facts about New Jersey!
- New Jersey was the first state in the United States to sign the bill of rights.
- Self-serve gasoline filling is not allowed in New Jersey.
- In 1896, the first professional basketball game took place in Trenton.
- The state ranks #2 in blueberry production.
- New Jersey is home to 39 state parks and 11 state forests.
- It’s also known as the “Garden State.”
- The longest boardwalk in the world is located in Atlantic City.
- Tourism is one of the leading industries in the state.
- New Jersey is a peninsula.
- All New Jersey counties are classified to be metropolitan.
- The state’s official animal is the horse.
So many options! Determine which degree programs are best for your goals by narrowing the list of New Jersey colleges with our easy-to-use search tool.
Copyright 2017 CollegeStats. All rights reserved.