Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
Southern Arizona VA Health Care System Human Resources Office
3601 South 6th Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85723
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(520) 792-1450 extension 1-1803
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, religion, color, nationality, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap, age, or membership or non-membership in an organization.
Some positions require you to apply online, while others require that you submit a paper application to the Southern Arizona VA Health Care System. Application instructions specific to each job posting can be found on the How to Apply tab within the job posting. Application forms can be found on the USA Jobs Forms tab.
Be sure to write the job announcement number (found near the upper right-hand corner of each job posting) on your application form.
The Who May Be Considered section on the Overview tab will guide you in determining your eligibility to apply for a position.
Special hiring authorities include the Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA):
- Veterans who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during a war, or in a campaign for which a campaign badge has been authorized;
- Veterans who, while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces, participated in a military operation for which an Armed Forces Service Medal was awarded;
- Recently separated veterans, meaning veterans last separated from active duty within the last three years; and
- Disabled Veterans with a service-connected disability.
Also, Veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA).
When viewing the job announcement we ask that you be sure and read the instructions carefully and attach the requested/required documents and forms for each job that you are applying to before submitting so that you will not lose consideration for the position.
To determine if you are eligible for the position you are interested in, look under Area of Consideration (AOC) as this may vary depending on the type of announcement.
We do accept nursing applications via the email address below. To following documents are required:
- Current Resume
- VA Form 2850A (Nurse Practitioner/CRNA/Registered Nurse)
- VA Form 2850C (Licensed Practical Nurse/Nursing Assistant)
- Optional Form 306
Click here for guidance on how to use USAJobs to apply for VA positions.
VA Job Applications and Forms
Application instructions specific to each job posting can be found at the end of the announcement. Some positions require you to apply online, while others require that you submit a paper application directly to each VA facility where you desire employment.
VA has several different application forms based on your occupation type. Look in the table below to find the correct application for your occupation, as well as additional required forms.
Responding to a Job Announcement
Be sure to follow the application instructions given in the job announcement. They are your primary guide for responding to a posted opening. Here are additional reminders for submitting an application:
- Please send your signed, completed application and any other required forms to the Organization Contact at the Organization Address, both of which are listed at the end of the job announcement.
- Write the Announcement Number, also listed at the end of the job announcement, on your application.
- Keep a copy of the entire application package for your records.
The documents below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Acrobat Reader software can be downloaded for free .
VA Job Applications and Forms