Goodwill Car Donations – Washington DC, Maryland Northern Virginia
Do you want to do a good deed for citizens in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area? Are you interested in making a charitable donation that you know will help another person? Are you ready to make a difference? If you re thinking about performing a meaningful act of charity, you should consider making a vehicle donation to Goodwill. Donating your vehicle to the Goodwill car donation program is a great way to help support your local community. Goodwill of Greater Washington uses the proceeds from every vehicle donation to support our mission of providing job training services to people with disadvantages and disabilities. If you don t think that your vehicle is in donating condition, think again. Vehicles that are donated to Goodwill can be in any condition, we even accept vehicles that are no longer in running condition. If you re ready to make a difference in the DC area, contact us now so you can donate your vehicle today!
Is my donation tax-deductible?
If you re looking for an IRS-Approved 501(c)(3) charity to donate your vehicle to you ve come to the right place. Goodwill is a federally approved 501(c)(3) organization so your car donation is tax deductible. Goodwill will provide you with all the documentation you need to file your deduction. We ll give you a donation receipt at the time of pickup that can serve as proof of your vehicle/car donation. After the car is sold at a public auto auction we ll mail you a letter (that will also contain information on the vehicle s final selling price) to notify you that your vehicle has been sold.
The car donation process is quick and easy There are just four easy steps!
- Provide your information by submitting the form online or call one of our Goodwill vehicle donation specialists at 202-461-2057.
- We will have a transportation company contact you within twenty-four hours to arrange for the vehicle to be towed at no charge to you.
- The car will be sent to a public auto auction and the proceeds from the sale will go towards supporting Goodwill’s mission-focused programs.
- We will provide you with all the documentation you need to take a top tax deduction.
What types of vehicles can I donate to Goodwill?
Goodwill accepts all vehicles in any condition! Just give us a call at 202-461-2057 to ask us about your vehicle donation . Some examples are:
- Running and Non-running Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs
- Motorcycles and Motor Scooters
- Electric Wheelchairs and Mobility Scooters
- Boats and Jet Skis on Trailers
- Riding Lawn Mowers
- RVs and Campers
- Small Airplanes
Goodwill Accepts All Vehicles In Any Condition!