#how to fix my credit
Fix My Credit With Credit Repair
Repairing Credit is the process of questioning the information found on your credit report with the intention of improving your credit scores. You may be asking yourself the question: how can I fix my credit? Anything found on your credit can be challenged or questioned even accurate information. However, the only items that you want to question are inaccurate information and errors.
To question items found on your report you will have to write letters specifically written to the credit bureaus about the negative information or items. The process typically takes 3-6 months.
Many people wonder whether credit repair is legal. It is legal, although you really need to be careful with what kinds of information that you try to remove or correct on your credit report. Removing accurate information might not be too ethical, which a lot of credit repair companies try to do.
Key Items To Fix When Repairing Your Credit Report
- Charged-off accounts, late payments, collection accounts or other items that are negative that are not yours.
- Inaccurate credit limits such as ones that show lower than they actually are.
- Accounts listed as settled, paid derogatory, paid charge-off or anything other than current or paid as agreed if you paid on time and in full.
- Accounts that were discharged in a bankruptcy that are still listed as unpaid should be updated to reflect discharged in bankruptcy .
- Old items from a lender that has merged with another company. Often these mergers result in the new company having a tough time locating your records.
There is one last thing to mention: credit repair is something you can do on your own. If you want to do it yourself, or at least find out what it will take for you to do it yourself please review The Basic Steps To Credit Repair .