Offering a seamless auto claims experience
Being in an auto accident can be stressful. Filing an auto insurance claim shouldn’t be.
We’ve been helping our members with claims since 1926. With all that practice, we can get you back on the road quickly and fairly.
After the accident
If anyone is injured, call 9-1-1 immediately. Otherwise, contact the police department to file an accident report.
If you’ve signed up for Roadside Assistance call 1-800-421-3535 for a tow.
What else to do – and not do – after an accident:
- Try to stay calm and focused
- Call our On Your Side ® Claims Service at 1-800-421-3535 or start your claim online
- Gather contact and insurance information from those involved
- Collect witness names and numbers
- From a safe spot, photograph any damage
- Don’t offer an opinion regarding who was at fault for the accident
- Discuss accident details only with the police or your insurance agent
- Don’t leave the scene until instructed by police
Starting a claim
Although all insurance claims may be different, our claims process is designed to handle each promptly, professionally and with minimal inconvenience to you.
You may start your claim online or by calling Claims Service at 1-800-421-3535 .
You’ll be assigned a claims representative to guide you through the claims process and answer any question you may have about your claim.
The representative will:
- Gather facts about the accident
- Explain coverages in your policy and your deductible
- Help schedule an inspection of your vehicle
- Arrange for a rental car if needed
- Review your auto insurance policy and explain the coverages that apply
Arranging for repairs
Choose the type of facility that best fits your needs for an estimate or repair. You may choose from:
- A Nationwide On Your Side ® Auto Repair Network facility. Find one now
- A Nationwide Drive-In location
- A shop you choose outside of Nationwide’s repair network
- A scheduled field visit
If you choose one of our On Your Side shops, you’ll receive fast, seamless service. We work directly with these pre-screened, pre-qualified shops to streamline estimates, repairs, and payments.
If you already have a repair estimate, you can mail, email or fax it to your Nationwide claims representative. If the claim qualifies, we also can work directly with your repair facility, even if it’s not in our Auto Repair Network.
Enjoy the convenience of real-time text updates.
Learn more or call to get started: 1;”>1-800-421-3535