Family Health Insurance Plans
Family life can be a joy ride. It can also be a roller coaster especially when medical issues are in the mix. Cigna can help take the scare factor out of the ride.
With our health insurance plans, you ll get the family health care you need, including medical coverage for when the unexpected occurs.
Cigna offers health insurance plans that fit every family’s needs.
Cigna s Individual and Family insurance plans are designed to work with your needs and your budget, offering a range of coverage options, quality care and helpful, easy-to-use tools and services. All of our plans offer:
- Coverage options to give you choices, so you can find what works best for you
- Affordable premiums and lower negotiated rates to help keep your costs down
- 100% in-network preventive care to help keep you healthy and well 1
- A network of quality providers in your local area. Plus, access to care both in- and out-of-network 2
- 24/7 customer service to answer questions on your health care needs, providers, or claims speaking in plain, simple language
- Tools and services to help make it easy for you to select plans and doctors, and predict costs
The Connect Network gives you access to personal care and attention from the in-network providers in your local area. With this network, you choose a Primary Care Physician (PCP). They will get to know your health care needs, coordinate your overall care and refer you to specialists when needed.
The Focus Network offers you a choice of quality care in your local area. You get access to top providers (that fit your personal needs) no referral needed. Some of the health care professionals in our Network have separately earned the Cigna Care Designation recognized for achieving top results on Cigna quality and cost-efficiency measures.
The LocalPlus Network is a smaller network of participating health care providers and hospitals within the larger Cigna Open Access Plus Network. Cigna contracts with the LocalPlus Network of health care providers to ensure that you have referral-free access to quality care and to help keep your health care costs lower. When traveling, visit LocalPlus professionals in other LocalPlus Network areas for in-network benefits. If outside of a LocalPlus Network area, access the Cigna Open Access Plus Network for in-network benefits.
Cigna s Open Access Plus Network (OAP) provides access to a large national network of doctors, hospitals and facilities. You have the freedom to see any health care professional not in the OAP Network, and coverage for that service will be paid at the out-of-network benefit. Certain health care providers in the OAP network have earned the Cigna Care Designation. It recognizes providers for achieving top results on Cigna quality and cost-efficiency measures.
To find out if your health care professional is included in Cigna s networks, please visit Cigna.com/ifp-providers or call 1.866.438.2446 .
1 Some preventive care services may not be covered, including most immunizations for travel. Refer to your policy for a complete listing of covered and non-covered services.
2 Emergency services as defined in your plan.
Get more from Cigna
When you buy a health insurance plan from Cigna, you get benefits to help keep you healthy. Cigna also offers:
- The option to buy dental insurance. Choice of benefits and premium levels to meet your needs and budget. Save the most when you visit one of our in-network dentists from our large national dental network. Cigna s Oral Health Integration Program is included with every dental insurance plan.
- Prescription drug coverage, plus access to Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy SM. Save on your prescriptions when you purchase through a retail pharmacy in the Cigna network, or get them delivered to your home through Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy SM .It s easy and convenient.
- Personalized Website. myCigna.com is designed to click with you customized to the plan you choose, the people in your family, and the place you call home. Find a doctor, pay your monthly premium, view your claim history, print temporary ID cards or learn about healthy living habits with our online health and wellness library. Our myCigna mobile app* also offers you access to information specific to your plan.
- 24/7/365 Health Information Line. Call us anytime to be connected to a nurse who can provide confidential counseling, support and answers to your health related questions.
*The downloading and use of the myCigna.com mobile app is subject to the terms and conditions of the app and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
Ready to start?
You’re ready to choose a family health insurance plan. First step: Think ahead. What will you need during the upcoming year?
You might want to ask yourself:
- How often do you or your family visit doctors?
- Does your doctor participate in the Cigna network?
- Do you travel frequently and need coverage outside your local area?
- Do you have a child away at college?
- What prescription drugs do you need?
- Will you qualify for federal financial assistance ?
These are the basics that affect your choice of family health insurance coverage. Once you have those pinned down, take a look at our medical and dental plans. Or, get an online individual health insurance quote.
If you re confused about health care reform, don t worry. Learn what the health care reform law may mean for you.
Questions? We re here to help!
Online information is great. But talking with a real live human is even better. If you have questions about your family health insurance quote, call 1.877.683.2268, 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET), Monday through Friday, to speak to a licensed Cigna agent.
You might want to ask us:
- When can I add my newborn to a family plan?
- Is my family doctor part of Cigna s provider network? You can save more money by choosing in-network doctors.
- What are the deductibles? This is the amount you need to pay each year before your plan starts paying benefits.
- Is there coinsurance? This is a percentage of the covered costs you pay after you meet your deductible.
- Is there a copay? This is a flat fee you pay for each doctor visit or prescription drug. You may pay coinsurance, too.
Don t worry. We re here to help you sift through the details and help steer you to the individual health insurance plan that fits your needs and budget.
The content on this page is applicable to Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc. and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. medical plans which use the Cigna Open Access Plus, LocalPlus , FocusIn, or Connect networks of participating providers.