Failed Hard Drive Data recovery
gened216 Oct 20, 2012, 11:32 AM
I had a hard drive failure on a HP Pavilion DV6-2190us. It seems the file allocation has been damaged. I was able to plug it in externally and even though it took a while the computer eventually recognized the partitions, and with the help of some free data recovery software it was able to see the size of each partition and even start finding files, but with no luck.
I really need some info that was on the drive and I feel like the data is on the disc still so I have two questions:
1) what is the best software I can get to work with a failed drive?
2) if there is no software how can I learn about physical drive repair. I know it can cost up to $1000 and that is more that I am willing to spend, so I would like to find out how to properly repair a drive physically, I am aware of the risks, I just want the knowledge before I just end up trying to figure it out on my own.
6 answers Last reply Aug 10, 2015 Best Answer Oct 20, 2012
More about failed hard drive data recovery
1. Software isn’t going to do much in your situation.
2. You can’t, if you want the data back pay a professional what it cost or move on.
Clone your drive sector-by-sector using a tool (eg ddrescue) that knows how to work around bad sectors, and then use data recovery software on the clone.
Ddrescue can perform multipass cloning. It clones the easy sectors on the first pass, and attempts the more difficult ones on subsequent passes. It keeps a log, allowing it to resume after an interruption.
- solved Hard Drive has failed – recovery of data?
- [Solved] Hard Drive has failed – recovery of data?
- solved Data Recovery for Failed External Drive
- solved Hard Drive Failed on Gateway DX4200 – No recovery CDs
- failed Hard disk data recovery
Can t find your answer. Ask.
There is no physical drive repair within warranty or without it. Only replacement. Your hard disk is physically going down. Try to make an image of ur disk and do any data recovery from that. Any more read/ write activity of may land u with data recovery people which is a costly process.
Also download required tool from western digital or seagate ur hard disk for physical failure info.
One funny self repair help is to freeze ur hard disk ( properly packed) in refrigerator for 18 hours. it sometime works(only for data recovery nothing beyond that). do a net search u will see may solutions. They mostly dont work.
best advice i can give you, DONT BUY AN HP. i am always fixing HPs with hard drive related errors, bad software, bad hardware. they are the cheaper than walmart brand. in fact i am doing data recovery on a hard drive out of an HP as i am righting this.
you can try spin right, but that takes forever. if you have the technical know how i would suggest getting hirens boot cd and installing it on a flash drive, it has a ton of utilities. i am copy the old data off of a hard drive with multiple bad sectors using parted magic right now.
Hard Drives Data Recovery Software Storage
- Data recovery from partiton failed external hard disk.
- solved Just recieved my hard drive back from a data recovery company
- Iomega home media network hard drive data recovery
- solved Has My External Hard Drive Officially Crashed (+Symptoms)? Possible Data Recovery?
- solved data recovery from external hard drive
- solved Recovery of data from ext hard drive
- solved Hard drive data recovery
- solved Data Recovery from Seagate external Hard drive
- solved Data Recovery from External Hard Drive
- solved Hard Drive connectivity/data recovery
- solved External hard drive lost data after creating factory recovery
- solved Copying Recovery data from one hard drive to another
- solved Acer aspire 5750Hard drive failed. Can t find recovery discs!
- solved hard drive is not showing i need to recovery data on it pls help
- solved External hard drive data recovery
- solved Dropped Laptop hard drive data recovery?
- solved Bad hard drive – data recovery options?
- solved hard drive data recovery options.
- Data Recovery from External Hard Drive
- My 1TB hard drive now says recovery drive 32GB. It was accidentally reformatted and all previous data does not show up. Is it