Nursing AS Degree / AAS Degree
The Excelsior College School of Nursing offers an opportunity for motivated health care professionals—a high-quality Associate in Science in Nursing or Associate in Applied Science in Nursing degree that’s affordable and convenient.
Excelsior’s unique exam-based program is specifically designed to provide a pathway to a nursing degree for LPNs, LVNs, paramedics, and military corpsmen.
Is the School of Nursing right for me?
You can earn your degree from anywhere in the country while continuing to work at your current job. Students have the flexibility of meeting nursing theory requirements in three ways .
Find out why the Excelsior College School of Nursing stands out.
With our student-friendly nursing degree programs, you can:
- Study independently, without interfering with your work schedule.
- Get academic support from Excelsior’s learning resources, study guides, and exam-preparation materials.
- Benefit from personalized advising.
- Fit a nursing associate degree into your budget.
- Improve your credentials, your job security, and your earning power.
- Build a foundation for life-long learning—including the potential for a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
Get a Nursing Degree on Your Schedule, at Your Pace
Our nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) .
The School of Nursing has been designated a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for 2005-2008, 2008-2011, 2011-2016, and 2016-2021 by the National League for Nursing.
Review the degree requirements for a nursing associate degree from Excelsior College .
Our nursing associate degree programs are specifically designed for individuals with experience in clinically oriented health care disciplines. Review the admission requirements.
- Use a caring holistic approach to provide and advocate for safe quality care for patients and families in an environment that values the uniqueness, dignity, and diversity of patients.
- Apply the nursing process to make nursing judgments, substantiated with evidence to provide safe, quality patient care across the lifespan.
- Use principles of management and delegation to implement plans of care with members of the intraprofessional team to achieve safe, quality patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate the standards of professional nursing practice and core values within an ethical and legal framework.
- Apply principles of leadership and interprofessional collaboration to improve patient outcomes.
- Use interpreted published research and information technology to improve the quality of care for patients.
All Excelsior College nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000. The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The Excelsior College associate degree nursing programs are designed in accordance with the requirements for Registered Nurse Programs in New York State.
Associate in Science in Nursing
Minimum of 67 credits: 3 in written English requirement, 1 in information literacy requirement, 6 in humanities, 6 in social sciences, 9 in natural sciences, 6 in arts and sciences, 36 nursing credits.
Associate in Applied Science in Nursing
Minimum of 67 credits: 3 in written English requirement, 1 in information literacy requirement, 6 in humanities, 6 in social sciences, 9 in natural sciences, 6 in free electives or arts and sciences, 36 nursing credits.