UK & Europe Car Hire Excess Insurance
Annual, multi-trip car hire excess insurance is designed for those who hire cars in the UK and Europe. If someone close to you will be travelling separately at another point in the year, you don’t need two separate policies. Choose our European family and partners policy and cover their excess too, even if they’ll be travelling separately.
Europe Family Partners 60
UK & Europe Car Hire Excess Insurance Cover
- Excess on damage and theft up to £6,500 per year
- Covers damage to the windows, undercarriage, roof, tyres and headlights not otherwise covered by damage waivers from car hire companies
- Multilingual international emergency assistance – just text “HELP”. Find out more .
- Towing costs associated with mechanical breakdown
- Damage caused by using the wrong type of fuel: up to £500 per claim and £2,000 per year
- Car rental key cover up to £500 per claim and up to £2,000 per year
- UK Car club rentals and courtesy cars
- UK Europe car hire policies can cover car rental in countries like France, Germany, Italy, Spain and more
- Unlimited number of rentals per year of up to 60 days at a time
- You (the policyholder), plus up to seven additional drivers named on your rental agreement
- Drivers aged 21 to 85 years old (inclusive)
- Buy now, start your policy up to 364 days
- Family and Partners policy allows two policyholders, who must be family members (defined as spouse, partner, parent, brother, sister, adult child or fiancée), travelling together or separately Our standard policy covers up to 7 additional drivers who are covered provided they are named on the rental agreement. If you think that the lead policy holder may not be present on all journeys, our friends and family product allows you to add an additional lead driver to the policy giving you greater flexibility without buying more than one policy.
- Flat battery cover up to £1,000 per year
- Late pick up charges due to an unscheduled flight delay
UK & Europe Car Hire Excess Insurance Exclusions
- Rentals for longer than 60 days
- Vehicles more than 10 years old
- Vehicles worth more than £120,000
- Commercial vehicles, motorbikes, camper vans, mobile homes or vans with more than nine seats. To insure van hire visit insuremyvanhire.com
- Policyholders who are not residents of The UK, The Channel Islands. The Netherlands, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Republic of Ireland or Germany.
- Accidental damage to the interior or contents of the vehicle caused by general wear and tear or carriage of animals
- Where the rental vehicle is being driven by persons who are not named on the rental agreement
- Where damage is the result of driving whilst on an un-made up road which is not designated as a public thoroughfare
- Car hire in U.N. sanctioned nations (Belarus)
- Costs associated with mechanical breakdown (Except exterior damage and towing costs)
UK & Europe Car Hire Excess Insurance Policy Documents
Insurance4carhire’s European cover allows you the confidence to get out and explore all the continent has to offer. Our policies will reimburse you for excess payments in the event of an accident or theft of your hire car.
Choose our family and partners policy to allow another person close to you to rent a car as the lead name on the rental agreement. This policy is ideal if you and a loved one know that you may not be travelling together on all of your trips throughout the year. This is also useful should you need to rent two cars at the same time.
Plus, benefit from great cover such as misfueling, bumps and scrapes however minor and multi-lingual international emergency assistance. We’ll cover you for damage to the undercarriage, wheels, tyres, windows and roof where car hire companies don’t.