#credit for free
Earn Graduate Credit
Many PBS TeacherLine courses offer learners the opportunity to earn graduate credits. Depending on the course you choose, you may have the opportunity to earn graduate credit from one of our national graduate credit providers or from a local college or university. To learn more about graduate credit and CEUs for national courses, please refer to these frequently asked questions .
To find which opportunities are available for your course, locate your exact course section in the course catalog and click the “View Details / Enroll” link.
The PBS TeacherLine course hours determines how many graduate credits you can earn:
- 15-hour PBS TeacherLine course 1 credit hour
- 30-hour PBS TeacherLine course 2 credit hours
- 45-hour PBS TeacherLine course 3 credit hours
How to Apply
- Enroll in one or more PBS TeacherLine courses.
- If you are enrolled in a program of study, verify with your college or university that the credits are transferable.
- Once the course has begun, login to the course site. Read the graduate credit information in the “Announcements” area of the course site, and register and pay using the link provided.
- You will have until the course end date to register and pay for your credits with any provider.
- Some providers automatically send one transcript to the address on record, others require you to submit a fee and request for your grade to be sent to you. Please wait to request a transcript until your course grades have been posted by your facilitator.
The cost to obtain graduate credits is in addition to the tuition paid for the course, and is paid directly by the learner to the credit-granting institution.
Please check the following Web sites for pricing information: