Aug 19 2017

De Anza College #de #anza,deanza,de #anza #college,deanza #college,cupertino,silicon #valley,community #college,education, #course #information, #majors/areas #of #study, #degrees #and #programs, #certificate #programs, #aa, #as, #associates #degrees, #


De Anza College offers an extensive course list to help you achieve your goals, which may include:

  • Transfer to a four-year college or university
  • Improve your job skills
  • Seek a new career
  • Take classes for personal enrichment.

Our academic programs provide specialized career/technical areas of study, Associate in Arts and Science degrees, and lower-division major and general education courses required for transfer.


See our AA/AS Degree and Certificate Programs list with links to program requirements.

Certificate Programs are focused on a particular area of study and designed for students who wish to prepare for immediate employment and/or to upgrade their job skills.

Many certificates have been designed on the ladder concept. For example, courses taken to fulfill the lowest level Certificate of Achievement (18-26 units) may be applied to the next level, the Certificate of Achievement-Advanced (27+ units). Then those units may be applied to an Associate degree.

Associate in Arts or Science (AA/AS) Degree Programs (minimum of 90 quarter units) include requirements for a major, general education, and there is usually room for electives. Units/courses applied toward Associate degree programs may sometimes also fulfill lower division requirements for transfer.

The Workforce Education Program Guide may help you determine a career education path that meets your needs.


Transfer courses provide you with the lower-division major and general education courses that you will need to transfer to a four-year university. Transfer programs range from narrow specialty majors (i.e. Microbiology) to broad general education programs (i.e. Liberal Arts).Visit our Transfer Planning website for more information.

Degree Certificate Department Websites

Check out our Workforce Education Program Guide to determine a career education path that meets your interests and needs.


You must take COUN 50: Orientation to College to receive all the information that you need to pursue a certificate, degree and/or transfer to a four-year college/university. You will create an education plan in this 1/2-unit class. Your education plan provides the foundation you’ll want before you meet with a counselor or academic advisor.


We offer a variety of ways to learn to fit your schedule and needs. Search the online schedule of classes for these program designations, including evening classes:

Written by admin

%d bloggers like this: