Insurance coverage for a condominium is similar to a home insurance policy, but with a few extras to help protect the unique features of your residence.
HOW INSURANCE CAN HELP PROTECT YOUR CONDO
If you own a condo, you need insurance coverage that helps protect your place and your belongings — typically everything within the walls of your unit.
Common areas of the building that you share with your neighbors like parking areas, lobbies, stairways or elevators are generally covered by the condo association’s insurance policy. The condo bylaws will have more detailed information about the association and owners’ responsibilities.
WHAT DOES CONDO INSURANCE COVER?
Erie Insurance s coverage can help you deal with financial losses if your condo or personal belongings are damaged or destroyed by weather events or disasters like a fire. Condo insurance 1 could help cover:
- Replacing your property, from furnishings, TVs and appliances to your clothing.
- Interior additions or alterations coverage, which covers permanent structural enhancements that you make to your condominium, such as adding a bathroom, building a bar that is attached to the walls or removing or adding walls. 2
- The cost for temporary repairs that you make to your home to help protect it from additional damage.
- The cost to replace keys and locks after a theft. 3
- Reasonable emergency first aid expenses for people or pets.
- Additional living expenses, which may include the cost of living somewhere else while your home is repaired.
- Debris removal costs.
- An insured s liability for the injury or harm to other people or property anywhere in the world.
- Medical payments for someone hurt in an accident at your home or because of your actions. 4
CONDO INSURANCE RATES AND QUOTES
Insuring your condo is a smart decision, and with Erie Insurance, it s easy to get a quote from one of our agents. The cost of the coverage will vary based on the size and value of your condo and other factors. If you already have an auto insurance policy with ERIE, you could qualify for a discount.
1 See individual policies for specific coverage details. Certain terms and limitations may apply. Refer to our disclaimer for more information.
2 Coverage is limited to $5,000. Increase coverage limits may be purchased.
3 The key and lock replacement coverage is limited up to $250.
4 Medical payments for someone other than the insured, resident of the household or tenant.
Request a Quote