- Compare life insurance companies in one quick and easy search, with policies for ages 18–80
- Our life insurance calculator and guides can help you find the right security for your loved ones
- You can speak to a fee-free, impartial adviser – phone 0800 808 6907 or request a call back ¥
What’s life insurance?
Looking for life insurance? Think quality and commitment
Protection insurance claims and pay outs
The fact that protection insurance products pays out £13m a day shows how they can help to relieve the financial strain on families following a death, serious illness or injury. Over 97% of all protection claims were paid in 2016
Raluca Boroianu-Omura, Association of British Insurers
If you’d prefer to speak to an adviser before you start, you can call 0800 808 6907 ¥ or – if you’d rather save your phone bill – you can request a call back by filling in a simple online form. All we need is your contact details and the time you’d like to chat.
Types of life insurance
- Term life insurance – you’ll be covered for a certain period of time
- Decreasing term life insurance – your premiums decrease yearly, usually matching up to your mortgage repayments
- Whole of life insurance – a bit more expensive but this will cover you for the rest of your life
- Convertible life insurance – you’ll be on a fixed term policy that allows you to switch to a whole of life policy when you reach the end of it
Life assurance or life insurance?
Life insurance for over 50s
You’ll be covered for the rest of your life but you’ll stop paying premiums when you reach 85 or 90.
You’ll also have to go through a qualifying period which usually lasts one or two years. If you die within this time, your beneficiaries will only receive the amount you’ve paid in premiums.
How much life insurance cover do I need?
Did you know.
- The average payout on a term life insurance policy in 2016 was over £75,000 with 98.3% of claims being paid 
Find out more
We have plenty of guides available – you can find out more about calculating the cover you need, how the life insurance industry works, funeral plans, making a will, whether you should write a policy in trust, if you should consider holding multiple policies, and options for older people, as well as high-risk groups and those with existing medical conditions.
The green way to go
Eating the Elvis way
Wearable tech you could be owning soon
To-dos for those with aging parents
Fitness fiend: Half marathon
Quit cigs for cheaper life insurance
Could Pokemon Go kill you?
Fitness Fiend: Hiking Yosemite
How to stay fit at work
For over 50s lifelong protection, Gocompare.com introduces customers to theidol.com
¥ Assured Futures’ office hours are 8:30am-7pm Monday to Thursday, 8:30am-5pm on Friday and 8.30am-midday on Saturday. If you request a call-back, calls made to you by Assured Futures are completely free of charge. If you decide to call Assured Futures, calls from mobiles and landlines are free of charge. Your call may be monitored or recorded for training and security purposes