#car insurance rate
Compare Car Insurance Rates Today
You found a car insurance policy at a price you can afford, and you think you’re set. and then your car insurance rates go up. Whether you realize it or not, even the smallest changes in your life can have effect on what you pay for car insurance.
So what do you do? Knowing what can increase your car insurance rates and what can lower them, combined with regular comparison shopping can help you find the most affordable policy around.
Factors That Can Affect Your Car Insurance Rates
At least once a year, you should review:
- Your driving record: Have you been in an accident or got caught speeding? While some insurance companies may give you a break on a first minor traffic ticket, multiple or more serious infractions could cause you to lose your good driver discount.
- Your car: Did you get a new, better, car? Expect to pay more.
- Your age and marital status: Insurance rates generally start to drop at age 25 and continues to drop until you enter your seventies. Married? Insurance companies like that and reward you with a discount.
- Your credit rating: Except in states where credit is not allowed to be factored in, changes in your rating will have an effect on what you pay.
- Where you live and your daily commute: The amount of miles you drive to and from work can affect what you pay for car insurance. So even a move a few blocks away can affect your car insurance rates.
- Other insurance policies you may have: There are two ways to look at this — bundling with a renter’s, homeowner’s or life insurance policy can result in a discount. On the flip side, eliminating some polices (like health insurance) that result in you raising coverage on your car insurance will definitely raise your rates.
You can take steps to reduce your car insurance rates, such as taking a defensive driving course, installing safety features on your car and making sure your credit report is up to date and accurate.
Finding the best premiums on car insurance doesn t have to be difficult or time consuming. CarInsuranceQuotes.com partners with reputable car insurance companies to send you free car insurance quotes within minutes of your online request.
When you enter your information, CarInsuranceQuotes.com matches you with car insurance companies such as Nationwide, Allstate and Progressive. Multiple providers will reach out to you with car insurance estimates for you to compare. Best of all, it s on your schedule no waiting at an insurance office or on the phone. You can take as much time as you need to review and compare quotes until you find the car insurance policy that’s best for your needs.
Just enter your ZIP code and some basic information about yourself in less than five minutes you ll be on the road to great car insurance rates.