Cheap Car Insurance Jacksonville
Jacksonville is a seaport city and the most populous city in both the state of Florida and the southeastern United States. The Jacksonville metropolitan area has a population of 1,573,606 and is the 40th largest in the United States and fourth largest in the state of Florida. Jacksonville is the cultural, commercial and financial center of North Florida. The city is also a major military and civilian deep-water port, and the third largest military presence in the United States. Jacksonville s tourism industry supports 10% of its workforce, so you can bet the daily commute is significant. Residents should take the time to explore all the options for cheap car insurance Jacksonville has available.
Cheap Car Insurance Jacksonville Requirements
- Florida state is a no-fault, meaning that an individual s insurance company covers their losses regardless of fault.
- Florida requires a minimum of $10,000 for Personal Injury Protection.
- Florida also requires a minimum of $10,000 Property Damage Liability.
- Driving without insurance in Florida can result in a suspension of your registration or driving privileges, and a reinstatement fee of between $150 and $500, plus the cost of insurance.
- Keep your mileage low. Most insurance companies take your annual mileage into account when calculating your rates. After all, the more you drive the better your chances of getting into an accident. If you can carpool, bike, or take public transportation to work, it’s worth considering. You might save a lot on your auto insurance
Public Transportation In Jacksonville
Interstate 10 (I-10) and I-95 intersect in Jacksonville, forming the busiest intersection in the region with 200,000 vehicles each day. The Jacksonville Skyway is an automated people mover connecting Florida State College at Jacksonville downtown campus, the Northbank central business district.
Because the area is so congested with traffic, there are many options for public transportation. Using public transportation can save you mileage on your car, and therefore, money on your car insurance. For even more public transportation options, click here.