#free car insurance quotes
What to Look for When You Compare Car Insurance Companies
When you compare auto insurance companies after obtaining free quotes, be sure to take note of several items that will help you obtain a better auto insurance rate quote. When requesting a quote, remember that the largest, most well known auto insurance companies won t necessarily give you with the cheapest automobile insurance quote or the best customer care if you are ever in an automobile accident or need to make an auto insurance claim. While you review and compare, please remember that there might be less well known companies that can offer top notch service and cheaper rates on your vehicle.
When you compare low cost quotes for your automobile, there are several factors you should look at while reviewing you quote. If you are deciding to buy between a couple different quotes offering different coverage options or premiums, researching the company may help you make your decision on which policy may be best for your circumstances. Here are a few tips to help you compare quotes and make buying an auto insurance policy from specific companies a little easier.
1. Research the auto insurance company after getting a rate quote. We work with many trusted companies, but you may consider checking with the state to determine if there might be any notable compaints against the company that might make you choose not to do business with them. You can do this by contacting your state s insurance department by phone or online.
2. Consider the company reputation and history while you compare each quote from the providers you talk to. Find out how long the company has been providing auto insurance rates in your state. Do they provide high quality customer care? Are their policies different than your existing coverage? Do they have any complaints with the Better Business Bureau?
3. Look at their process for filing auto insurance claims when you compare companies. Ask about the company process for filing a claim for an automobile accident and how long the process usually takes. If you are ever involved in a car accident, you’ll want to make sure the company handles the claim in a timely manner.
4. Ask friends, family and co-workers when shopping for a cheaper policy. Sometimes, the best way to find a reputable car insurance company is to ask the people you trust. Explain that you are looking for auto insurance quotes and you need recommendations on different companies. See how long they have been with their company, if they have gotten cheap quotes from other companies and if they have ever had to file a claim and how long it took. You could also talk to a mechanic at a trusted auto repair shop about policy suggestions as they may have ideas on which of their clients have had good and bad experiences.
5. Go with your gut feeling. When you compare and get rate quotes, go with the company that makes you feel most comfortable. Follow your instincts while getting a quote comparison. Was the agent or company representative able to answer all your coverage and policy questions? Did the agent treat you with courteous and respect? Were they honest about what coverage you needed and did not need or did they just try to sell you additional coverages you felt that you could do without?
Finding the Right Car Insurance Quote
When you are shopping to buy car insurance online, be sure to remember that the cheapest quote doesn t necessarily mean you will get the best value on your automotible coverage. The Insurance Information Institute recommends getting at least three car insurance quotes from three separate auto insurers. When you have the rate quotes, look beyond the dollar amount to what the vehicle coverage actually covers. Be aware of the several other factors that could affect you if you are ever in an automobile accident or need to make a claim such as the type of coverage, the coverage amounts, deductibles, what is covered and more importantly, what is not covered in the ‘policy exclusions’ document.
When you compare quotes from multiple providers, consider what is covered in a policy and that you’re getting an apples to apples comparison. You might be surprised to find out the coverages quoted may be different depending on how many drivers are on the policy, whether you have home or renters insurance and even your zip code. When it comes down to reviewing and deciding to buy the most affordabe coverage from the best company, be sure to compare multiple providers so that you can find out which company actually offers the cheapest car insurance with coverage that meets your expectations.