Online car insurance comparison
1. Gather the relevant vehicle information
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Driving distance to work
- Vehicle’s make, model, year and vehicle identification number (usually found on the dashboard near the windshield)
- Prior driving violations or insurance claims you’ve had in the past five years
- Copy of the declaration page from your current policy (if you have one)
2. Look for the right auto insurance coverage options
The car you drive and the way you use it have a big impact on the coverages you need. We let you customize coverage that’s right for your needs and budget. The right auto policy can cover you in worst-case scenarios and help you pay for medical expenses, loss of income and other situations as a result of an accident. Learn more about the different types of car insurance coverage.
3. Look for flexible payment options
In today’s economy, we know money can be tight. At Nationwide, you can choose whether you want to pay monthly, quarterly or semi-annually. You also can choose to pay by check, debit or credit card, through the mail, online or over the phone. We also offer paperless billing, which allows you to save money on postage by scheduling recurring automatic payments and may qualify you for our one-time Easy Pay sign-up discount.
4. Find opportunities to save
Look for discounts that lower your price as you compare car insurance rates online. At Nationwide, we offer discounts on multiple cars, good students and membership in a partner organization. We also offer members the opportunity to participate in our SmartRide program, which rewards safe driving habits. Learn more tips that can help you lower your car insurance premiums.
5. Compare auto claims services
You never know when an accident will happen. That’s why our On Your Side ® Claims Service is a standard part of our policies. Enjoy worry-free claims and a written guarantee on your repairs for as long as you own or lease your car when you use an On Your Side Auto Repair Network ® *.
6. Look for a company that meets your changing needs
When your life changes, your insurance needs may change as well. Life events like a change of residence or a new driver on your policy are a few of the things that can make your insurance premiums rise. That’s why we offer members a free On Your Side ® Review every year to make sure your insurance is keeping up with your life. We also want to make sure you’re taking advantage of the many benefits we offer, including discounts.
7. Look for a company that cares about the community
We give back to the communities where our members, associates and agents work and live. From volunteering at local food banks to donating money through the United Way, Nationwide embeds philanthropy, workplace giving and volunteerism into our culture.
8. Read customer reviews
One of the best ways to learn the truth about an insurance company is to read customer reviews. Hearing what real people have to say about the various insurance companies out there can give you additional information to use for your own auto insurance comparison.
* Guarantee covers replacement of any defective alternative parts identified on appraisal and used in repair for as long as you own or lease your repaired vehicle. Also, work performed at an On Your Side ® Auto Repair Center includes a guarantee on the workmanship of the appraised and completed repairs for as long as you own or lease your vehicle.
Insurance terms, definitions and explanations are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in individual insurance contracts, policies or declaration pages, which control coverage determinations. Such terms may vary by state, and exclusions may apply. Discounts may not be applied to all policy coverages.