#buying a car with bad credit
1. Why finance at CarMax?
The CarMax finance process is fast, competitive, and features offers tailored specifically to CarMax customers.
2. How does financing with CarMax work?
The CarMax finance process is simple: Select a vehicle that meets your needs, submit a credit application with the help of a sales consultant, and, if approved, decide which finance offer suits you best.
4. How do I find out more about financing?
To begin the financing process online, first find the vehicle you are interested in purchasing. Then request financing information by clicking the link found on the vehicle’s Car Page. Or you can get started by calling your nearest CarMax store .
5. How are auto finance decisions made?
Financial institutions typically take four major factors into account:
- Vehicle selection (age, mileage, and cost)
- Application information (this may include, but is not limited to: income, time at current job, and time at residence)
- Credit history
- Down payment
6. What does your credit score mean?
Credit scores are created by credit reporting agencies to help financial institutions predict risk. They are expressed as a score generally ranging from 350 – 850. In most cases, the higher your score, the greater chance you have of receiving a better financing offer.
- Timeliness of previous and current payments
- The length of your credit history
- The type and amount of your debts
- Your public records
7. How can I find out more about my credit history?
There are three major credit reporting agencies in the United States. Each one can provide you with a copy of your credit report, including your credit score. Contact them via the Internet or call toll free: