#auction cars for sale
Car Auctions in Fort Wayne
Why purchase your next car from Fort Wayne used car auctions instead of the countless number of dealerships in the area? Well, that answer is easy. If you do your homework you could easily save yourself hundreds – maybe even thousands – of dollars on your next car purchase by choosing one of the many cars for auction in the Fort Wayne area. Car auctions offer individuals a fast, efficient, and thrifty way to purchase used auction cars and to potentially walk away from the car auction site with a deal far better than at any used car lot.
If you have never been to an Indiana car auction before and aren t quite sure about what to expect, a car auction typically runs like any other auction you might attend in Fort Wayne (see About Auctions for more explanation). At a car auction you will see an auctioneer, sellers, bidders, items up for sale (in this case, auction cars ) and, of course, you can expect a spirit of fun, competition, energy, and excitement that abounds at any auction !
However, don t just run off to the next Fort Wayne car auto auction you see advertised without knowing what kind of car auction it is, because some are for car dealers only and are not open to the general public. Most car auction sites will have a list of the car auctions that are for dealers only and then the ones that are open to the general public .
It shouldn t be too hard to find the make and model of car you are searching for at an auto auction because most Fort Wayne car auction sites hold weekly auto car auctions that boast a new selection of vehicles each week. However, here are a few things you need to know before raising your bid paddle at a Fort Wayne car auction :
- If possible, decide ahead of time which cars for auction interest you by consulting the car auction site catalog (sometimes even available online). You should even try to determine your maximum bid before leaving your house by looking at the blue book value for a car in that listed condition. Remember that it pays to do your car auction research prior to the day of the car auto auction !
- Each car auction site has its own terms and conditions regarding payment method, bidding etiquette and other important matters. You need to know what these regulations are. For example, you will want to know whether the Fort Wayne car auction site charges a buyer s premium or if you can use personal checks or credit cards to purchase your auction car .
- It is smart to get a Vehicle History Report on any auction car you re considering. To ensure you don t leave a Fort Wayne car auction driving a car with unseen problems, try to get the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) from the seller and run a thorough Vehicle History Report. If something looks fishy, then keep looking.
- Get to the car auction site early so you have time to inspect all of the auction cars in which you are interested. Be on the lookout for damaged rims, flood damage, a rebuilt title, uneven tire wear (a sign of bad alignment), excessive damage, and anything else that does not look right to you. If you aren t savvy with cars, bring a car-savvy friend!
- Decide prior to the car auction that sticking to your budget is more important than walking away with the win. You can still enjoy the competition of a Fort Wayne car auction. while leaving your at-all-costs mindset at home. You don t want to pay more than what you intended for your Fort Wayne auction car just because you got entangled in a bidding war.
Many car auction houses in the Fort Wayne area use something called the light system. The light system uses three colors (red, yellow and green) that indicate how much information the seller has disclosed about the auction car. So at the auction, as each of the cars is introduced, a green, yellow, or red light will be announced (or displayed visually) in addition to any other details about the car. Beware: the lights do not indicate anything about the car s condition. Many people naively mistake a green light to signify that the car has no problems, but that is not true.
These car auction lights typically mean the following whether you are in Fort Wayne IN or elsewhere:
- Red. If you re a first-time car auction participant or if you aren t an experienced car mechanic, you may want to steer clear of a red-light auction car. Purchasing an auction car that has a red light means that you will buy the auction car as is with no arguments or negotiation. If you purchase an auction car on a red-light status, you simply cannot have buyer s remorse; if you are the winning bidder than the car is yours.
- Yellow. This light is the trickiest, whether you re attending a car auction in Fort Wayne. New York, or small-town America. It means that the seller may have disclosed some information about the auction car. such as mechanical defects or a salvaged title, but you may not have every detail about yellow light cars for auction. Therefore, the purchase could go either way.
- Green. Buying a green-light auto auction car is the safest way to go. If you buy a green-light Fort Wayne auction car. then you can generally feel confident about your purchase. Note that a green light does not mean you are getting an auction car free of any repairs, but you will have the assurance that the car has been inspected and that major repairs have been reported by the seller. Green-light cars for auction are the best type to buy if you don t want to take a gamble.