Bay Area Medical Academy
Healthcare Career Training in San Francisco and San Jose, CA
Hands-On Training. Real World Experience. Caring Instructors. Discover the BAMA Difference…
Bay Area Medical Academy (BAMA) provides healthcare career training created in partnership with employers. We prepare individuals from different socio-economic, cultural and educational backgrounds for careers working in the healthcare industry. BAMA’s goal is to serve its students and the medical community through quality academic instruction and job-oriented, skills-training. We maintain a student-centered philosophy and use both traditional and innovative means to train our students. Bay Area Medical Academy is committed to the success of its students, believing that education is the best way to transform people’s lives.
The BAMA Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy Program provides students with a comprehensive foundation in clinical and administrative skills necessary for working in the medical field. Our Program prepares students for 3 certifications. Learn more.
The Pharmacy Technician program prepares students for entry-level work in retail and hospital pharmacies. Students who complete this program are prepared to take national certification exams offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Learn more.
Our Phlebotomy Technician Course is one of only two programs in San Francisco approved by the CA Department of Public Health for CPT-1 certification. It consists of two segments: classroom training, including both lecture and lab, and clinical externship. Learn more.
Curious about classes? View our Class Calendar!
Employers That Hire BAMA Graduates
Our holistic training model ensures that students receive valuable clinical experience via externships at medical facilities throughout the Bay Area. The quality of our training is shown in the large number of students employed at externship facilities. Learn more »
What Sets Us Apart
- Smaller School – We provide a nurturing learning environment where every student receives personalized attention. Our staff, instructors, and administrators know every student by their first name.
- Quality Instructors – Our courses are taught by a knowledgeable staff of registered nurses, clinical laboratory technicians and other healthcare professionals, each with more than twenty years of experience.
- Employer Partnerships – Bay Area Medical Academy is a leader in Healthcare Workforce Education in the Bay Area. We are a talent supplier to medical facilities in the area and maintain strong ties with the medical community that we serve.
- Ongoing Career Services – Our Career Services Coordinator will meet with you to identify your short and long term career goals.
- Certified B Corp – B Corporations are a new kind of corporations for a new economy. They create higher quality jobs and improve the quality of life in our communities.