Bachelors Degrees | Electrical Engineering Technology Power Systems – Excelsior College
Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering Technology (Power Systems)
The U.S. power industry is constantly changing. Stay ahead of the curve at Excelsior College by earning a career-building Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology (Power Systems concentration) .
A national leader in adult education and distance learning, Excelsior designed its online electrical engineering degree programs for working adults who seek new opportunities and higher earning power.
Excelsior lowers the barriers that stand between you and a bachelor s of electrical engineering degree. You ll take your courses online, at whatever times are convenient for you, so they won t conflict with your family and work schedules.
Excelsior also clears your path toward an electrical engineering degree by:
- Offering affordable tuition, low student fees, and flexible payment plans .
- Awarding maximum transfer credit for your previous courses from accredited colleges you ll have fewer Excelsior courses to take, and a shorter route to graduation.
- Giving you the option to earn credit by exam for many courses pass the test, and earn all the credits in one sitting.
- Supporting your success with personalized guidance from our award-winning team of academic advisors.
A Student-Friendly Electrical Engineering Technology Degree Online and Accredited
Accredited by ABET, Excelsior s online electrical engineering technology degree meets the highest academic standards.
You ll study with accomplished professors who have many years of professional experience, while taking courses developed with ongoing input from industry leaders. Excelsior revises and updates all course materials routinely to ensure that they reflect the most up-to-date knowledge and best practices.
The power systems area of concentration covers subject matter such as:
- Instrumentation and data acquisition
- Programmable logic controllers
- Electric power generation and transmission
BS in Electrical Engineering Technology Degree Requirements
Minimum of 124 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 57 in the technology component (including 16 upper level), and 7 in free electives including information literacy.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology with a Power Systems Concentration, the graduate will be able to:
- Identify, analyze, and discuss methods used for generation, transmission, and control of electric power.
- Design, integrate, and analyze DC/AC power conversion systems and related instrumentation.
- List and describe techniques for analysis and design of power electronics systems.
As an Excelsior College bachelor s level electrical engineering technology (power systems concentration) graduate, within a few years of graduation, you are expected to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve technical problems in the electrical discipline.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to, changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in the electrical field.