Admission to Nursing (BSN/ABSN Programs)
Welcome to the Linfield-Good Samaritan School of Nursing offering Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs for both first- and second-degree students. The information here is for students who are not yet licensed as an RN. Information for the online program for those already licensed and working as RNs may be found on the Online and Continuing Education pages.
The Portland Campus has two program options: an accelerated course of study, beginning in June, for those who have previously completed a bachelor degree in another field and a traditional program, beginning fall and spring, for all students. These pages will provide the information you will need whether you are exploring nursing programs, completing prerequisite courses, or ready to apply for admission.
What You’ll Find on each Link:
The general admission information page is your first stop for basic information on applying to the Linfield-Good Samaritan School of Nursing. The FAQs will also provide answers to many of your questions.
Our prerequisite pages for both first degree and second degree (accelerated) applicants will provide you with:
- prerequisite courses required for entry to the program
- course-by-course transfer information for area colleges and universities
- how to obtain an unofficial transfer credit evaluation
Our curriculum pages provide a term-by-term outline of the program for each of three start dates during the year:
- summer start/accelerated program (for students working towards their second bachelor degree only)
- fall or spring start/regular program (for students working towards their first or second bachelor degree)
- cost of attendance
- student loans
- parent loans
- Portland campus scholarships
- general scholarships
- work study
- additional financial aid resources and information
Use our inquiry page to let us know of your interest and receive an information packet.
Contact us for individualized admission advising or to schedule your own visit.