#md real estate
Real Estate Continuing Education Classes
MREC AGENCY – Residential is a required class for all residential licensees as of 10/1/15.
MREC SUPERVISION is a required class for all Brokers, Managers and Team Leaders as of 10/1/15.
Scroll down to see a list of the locations and dates
of our scheduled classroom C.E. classes for this coming month.
Schedules and Registration Information
Maryland – Real Estate License Renewal Requirements
Continuing Education Requirements for all lcenses who RENEWED in 2012 or 2013 and whose CURRENT license expires between 1/1/2014 and 10/1/2015.
Residential (ALL LICENSEES): 15 hours including 3.0 legislative, 1.5 fair housing, 3.0 ethics (required classes)
- Legislative topic (a), fair housing topic (c), and ethics topic (d) are required Maryland courses.
- MREC AGENCY – if not completed by the licensee during 2012 or 2013 then it is a mandatory class during the 2014 or 2015 renewal year for that licensee. It is an elective class for everyone else.
MREC Supervision. If a licensee becomes a Manager, Broker or Team Leader and has not already taken (in 2012 or 2013) the MREC Supervision class, then the licensee must complete the class within 90 days of assuming the new position. Supervision is an elective class for everyone else.
- If your license was on inactive status and you have missed a renewal time, please contact the Maryland Real Estate Commission for your specific requirements for reinstatement.
- Commercial Designation (SOLELY – NO RESIDENTIAL BUSINESS): 15 hours including 3.0 legislative 3.0 ethics (required classes) Licensees with a graduate degree in law or real estate from an accredited college or university (must supply documentation at audit): 7.5 hours (3.0 legislative, 3.0 Maryland ethics and 1.5 fair housing (residential); if solely commercial, 7.5 hours including 3.0 legislative 3.0 Maryland ethics and 1.5 elective) (required classes)
The ethics course must include MD Code of Ethics, Flipping and Predatory Lending.
As a result of Governor Lawrence Hogan s approval of House Bill 1056 / CH0115 (SB0610), the continuing education requirements for all Maryland real estate licensees will be changing, effective October 1, 2015 .
Significant changes include.
- No reduction in hours for a licensee possessing a graduate degree in law
- No reduction in hours for a licensee possessing a graduate degree in real estate
- All licensees must complete 15 hours of continuing education
- Agency is required for all agents every two (2) years
- Supervision is required for all brokers, designated branch managers and teams leaders every two (2) years.
There will be no grace period for obtaining the required hours. If the license expires on or after October 1, 2015. the licensee will be required to have the proper hours completed prior to renewal of a license, even if renewing as inactive.
Continuing Education Requirements for all licensees whose CURRENT license expires ON or AFTER 10/1/2015
RESIDENTIAL – Salespersons and Associate Brokers
- 15 hours which includes 3.0 legislative, 3.0 agency, 3.0 ethics, 1.5 fair housing (required classes); the remaining 4.5 hours are electives