Educating Those Who Serve.™
Since 1991, when American Military University was founded by a Marine Corps officer, we’ve been on a mission to educate those who serve. Today, with more than 300 veterans on our faculty and staff, we have the experience and knowledge to help you take charge of your education.
Photo courtesy of the U.S. Department of Defense.
AMU Understands Your Needs as an Airman
As a top online university supporting our military, American Military University is proud to be the #1 provider of education to the U.S. military.* and a respected provider of higher education to adult learners working in the areas of national and homeland security, public safety, and beyond.
Our extensive array of master’s and bachelor’s degrees appeal to all airmen seeking promotion, job enhancement, and eventually, post-military employment. AMU is proud to be ranked the number one most popular school based upon enrollment among the U.S. military.
Additionally, AMU was selected as one of the first cadre of schools to participate in Air University’s Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative Program. This program allows graduates of the Community College of the Air Force to complete certain bachelor’s degrees in 60 semester hours or less.
*#1 educator to the military as reported by Military Times, July 2016.
What is a military and veteran friendly university?
As a service member, veteran or a military spouse, you might be looking to complete your education at a university that is military friendly. But what exactly does that mean? Here it means we understand your unique challenges and have a dedicated staff to support you. It means we offer these military-affiliated student benefits to limit your out-of-pocket costs:
- A tuition grant which caps our undergraduate tuition at $250/credit hour (the military TA cap) and graduate tuition at $325/credit hour for U.S. active-duty servicemembers, Guard, Reserve, military spouses and dependents, and veterans.
- Textbooks and/or e-books provided at no charge to students earning undergraduate academic credit, with no impact on military TA.
- Technology fees covered by grants for U.S. active-duty military service members, and for Guard and Reserve personnel when using military tuition assistance.
- Flexible, online course schedules that let you study whether on a rotating work shift or on deployment.
- Possible credit for military education and training courses including CCAF, JST, DANTES, and ACE-evaluated training.
Find Your Degree
Search by Keyword
Browse by Degree Level and School
Learn from a nationally recognized leader in online education.
At American Military University, our expert faculty and industry advisors work to shape a quality, relevant, online education that responds to the needs of working professionals looking to advance in their careers. Come discover how our award-winning, accredited education can help you reach your next level.
Recognized annually since 2013. See ranking