Indiana Department of Insurance
I Want To.
First slide details. Current Slide Second slide details.
- Company/Entity Financial Compliance
- Search For a Company or Entity
- Current: Lists by Type or Category
Lists by Type or Category
- Licensed companies receive a Certificate of Authority to conduct the business of insurance or operate as a health maintenance organization in the State of Indiana.
- Licensed entities receive a license for their area of specialty.
- Registered companies or entities renew their registrations annually.
- Reinsurers are companies accredited by IC 27-6-10 to reinsure Indiana domestic companies. These companies are not authorized or licensed to conduct the business of insurance in the State of Indiana.
- Surplus Lines Companies are companies eligible by IC 27-1-15.8-4 (c) to be utilized by a surplus lines agent when the agent is unable to procure the particular class of insurance – or the full amount of insurance required – from insurers licensed to do business in Indiana.
- To get more information for active companies please click on https://eapps.naic.org/cis/ , this will take you to Consumer Information Source (CIS). This site will give you basic financial information.
- To get more information on companies that may be in rehabilitation or liquidation please click on https://i-site.naic.org/grid/gridDisc.jsp, this will take you to the Global Receivership Information Database (GRID). This site will provide contacts to get more information regarding the companies.
We provide information for all companies or entities licensed, registered or authorized through IDOI. To view these companies or licensed entities please access the information below. The Company Types marked with an asterik will direct you to a Consumer Inquiry page. You will need to select Indiana as the state, click the radio button next to Company.