Franchising with 7‑Eleven is a big move. But it’s also a smart move, and probably easier than you think. In just three to six months, you can be holding the keys to your very own 7‑Eleven store – or stores! Whether you’re interested in franchising a single store or multiple stores, you’ll have access to a Franchise Sales Representative who will answer your questions and walk with you through every step of the process. Take a quick look at what your journey to 7‑Eleven franchise ownership looks like.
- Have U.S. citizenship (or permanent residency) and be at least 21 years old
- Be able to obtain and maintain all licenses necessary for the store operation
- Have excellent credit
- Not have filed for bankruptcy within the last seven years
- Have no prior record of felony convictions or other criminal record that could impact your ability to operate a store
- Understand the need to be involved in the day-to-day operation of the store
- Retail, operations or management experience
- Food service experience is beneficial, but not required
- Five to 10 years multi-unit management experience if you’re interested in a multi-unit franchise
- Multiple-store Franchisees must also identify a designee for each store and have that designee attend and complete training
- Past business ownership experience (multi-unit ownership and/or franchise business ownership preferred)
- Service in a branch of the U.S. military
This step happens right here on the website and only takes about 10 minutes. Even if you’re interested in multiple stores, the application process is easy. Our 7‑Eleven team will review the information you submit, along with your credit report. If everything looks good, a Franchise Sales Representative will invite you to talk business.
A couple of assessments and a
After your initial meeting with a Franchise Sales Rep, you’ll be asked to take a Business Leadership Inventory (BLI), which is a personality assessment, and a Business Acumen Evaluation (BAE), which measures business skills. You’ll have a chance to discuss the results with your Franchise Sales Rep, and after a background check, you’ll be invited to a final discussion with the 7‑Eleven franchise management team. At this time, we’ll also go over our financing options.
Pick your store
Once you’ve determined communities you’d like to be a part of, your 7‑Eleven Franchise Sales Representative will help you locate an available store – or stores – from our Stores Available Lists. This is a big step! The neighborhood you select will be the community you take care of – as well as the community that takes care of you!
We make you an offer
If everything goes well, this is where 7‑Eleven offers you a franchise agreement and all initial fees are paid. If you accept our offer, the agreement is signed – and it’s official! You are that much closer to opening the doors to your very own neighborhood 7‑Eleven. Now that’s exciting!