Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School
- Cut sports include: soccer, basketball, volleyball, cheer, softball, and baseball.
- The non-cut athletic opportunities include cross country, wrestling, and track and field.
Please review the KAP Middle School Athletic Participation Policies & Guidlines. click here
Online registration for Spring sports is now CLOSED .
The following must be completed to participate:
1. Online registration for middle school sports click here.
- When you complete the registration online, you will get a message telling you that the registration is complete along with an email telling you that you have completed the registration.
- If you do not receive the completion email , go back and check your registration to see if it is complete and not still in the cart or call your school to see if you are registered.
- In order for a student to tryout for a sport, they must be registered online, and have turned in their sports physical and concussion forms to Mrs. Cotharin in Student Services.
- Late registrations are not accepted as the registration website does close.
2. Registration forms to turn in to Mrs. Cotharin/Akimel A-al Athletics.
3 . Students must have health insurance coverage in order to try-out and participate in a school sport .
4. Keep In Touch with Athletics
- Sign up for the Remind messaging Service to get up to date announcements from Kyrene Athletics sent directly to your mobile device! You’ll get reminders about registration deadlines, game cancellations, rain delays, and special Kyrene Athletic events. To sign up go to Remind 101 or download the remind app on your mobile device and join class code@7gbe376 (Kyrene Athletic Program).
If your student will be participating in a non cut sport, payment is due at the time of registration. If your student is trying out for a cut sport payment will be due once you have been notified your student made the team. Y ou will need to pay the participation fee by the first day of practice. You will have several options to make your payment:
1. Payment will be made for non-cut sports at the time of registration. Payment for cut sports will be made online once you have been notified your student made the team.
3. You can go to the Kyrene School District Customer Service Center at 8700 South Kyrene Rd, Tempe. (located at the NW corner of Kyrene & Warner Rds.)
If you have any questions please call our Student Services/Athletic Secretary, Judy Cotharin, at 480-541-5805 .
If you wish to apply for financial assistance, you will need to submit a Financial Assistance application PRIOR to the start date of tryouts. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Due to financial constraints, we are unable to provide 100% assistance.
Click here for a copy of the Financial Assistance application form. Financial Assistance forms must be turned into the Kyrene District Office.