#Only #in #west #virginia
Only in west virginia
24 Things You’ll Only Find in West Virginia
1. The longest single-span arch br >Bridge in Fayette County
2. The most photographed mill in the country
3. The first statew >
via Wikipedia/Seicer (CC 2.5)
We’re talking about Tamarak just off of I-64 in Beckley.
4. The World’s Largest Teapot
5. This iconic roads >
6. Cranberry Glades
via Wikipedia/Forest Wander (CC 3.0)
7. The Fiesta Ware Factory
The home of this iconic glassware is in the Northern Panhandle town of Newell, Hancock County.
8. Dolly Sods
via Wikipedia/ForestWonderer (CC 3.0)
9. The Mystery Hole!
Find this gravity defying wonder in Fayette County as well.
10. The Coal House
via Wikipedia/Badagnani (CC 3.0)
11. George Washington’s Bathtub
via Wikipedia/Warfieldian (CC 3.0)
12. Seneca Rocks
via Wikipedia/Asilverstein (CC 3.0)
This Pendleton County landmark is the only true peak — a peak inaccessible except by technical rock climbing techniques — on the East Coast of the United States.
13. The Pumpkin House in Kenova
A Wayne County Halloween tradition.
14. The Smallest Church in the Lower 48
“Our Lady of the Pines” in Preston County only seats 12 people.
15. Canaan Valley
via Wikipedia/Valerius Tygart (CC 4.0)
16. Bars where they sing Country Roads at M >
Yep we’re talking about Morgantown.
17. The Green Bank Telescope
This Pocahontas County landmark is actually in danger of closing.
18. The Oglebay Festival of Lights
Via Flickr/Dave Olsen (Creative Commons)
The Wheeling Christmas tradition is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year.
19. This guy.
20. Gino’s Pizza
21. The Congressional Bunker
22. Lost World Caverns, The Home of Bat Boy
In the early 90’s a tabloid reported this Greenbrier County wonder was the home of the Bat Boy.
23. The International Water Tasting Competition
24. Little Switzerland
The little community of Helvetia in Randolph County was settled settled by Swiss immigrants in 1869 and still maintains their cultural traditions today.