#Business #insurance #dallas #tx
Texas Business Insurance
Get an instant, free quote and buy online.
Hiscox knows that deep in the heart of Texas are small businesses that are in need for the right insurance for their business. Since we specialize in small business insurance, we currently offer a range of coverage, tailored to your needs.
All small business owners should consider protecting their business with the right small business insurance. Hiscox small business insurance products available in Texas include:
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Bodily injury: An event planner is setting up some booths for a client’s demonstration. A customer comes to look at booth and trips over some wires the event planner left out. The event planner’s general liability insurance policy could cover the customer’s medical costs, that result from the injury.
- Property damage and data loss: A consultant spills coffee on an architect’s server causing damage. General liability insurance coverage could cover the subsequent claim up to general liability policy limits.
- Personal injury: An assistant at a hair salon is overheard speaking negatively about one of the salon’s customers on her lunch break to other customers. Word gets back to the customer who then sues the salon for slander. A general liability insurance policy could cover defense costs as well as any settlement or judgement.
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Dissatisfied client: A business consultant is hired to increase a company’s productivity. The consultant advises the company to implement several internal processes, however, the recommendations are not implemented as specified and productivity decreases rather than improving, causing the client to sue the consultant. A professional liability policy could protect the consultant, even if no mistake was made.
- Negligence: A tax accountant is preparing taxes for this client. The client asks about a deduction he heard about and the tax preparer adds it in without checking to make sure it is accurate and applies to his client. The IRS fines the client who sues the tax preparer for negligence. A professional liability policy could protect the tax preparer.
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Office insurance for fire and business interruption.
- Electronic data loss insurance.
- Hired or non-owned vehicle liability insurance.
- Commercial crime insurance to cover the dishonesty of employees.