#Auto #insurance #hawaii
Honolulu Car Insurance
Save hundreds on your Honolulu auto policy with Island Insurance.
Just a few minutes for fast, free car insurance quote in Honolulu and see how much you could save!
Our group, prior insurance, multi-car, hybrid vehicle and safe driver discounts could save you money immediately.
Superior claims service means if you were to find yourself in the unfortunate event of an auto accident, we are always here to help with 24-hour claims service and an experienced local claims staff. Our 98% claims satisfaction rating is one of the lowest complaint ratios in Honolulu.
Our network of Island Certified Repair Shops on Oahu, Big Island (Hilo and Kona) Maui and Kauai must pass stringent criteria and are among the top 20 auto repair facilities in Hawaii.
Flexible and convenient installment plans to fit your budget needs or we offer bill payment-by-phone via debit or credit card (VISA, MasterCard or DiscoverCard).
To find out how much you could save with a car insurance policy or for more information about our discounts and coverages, contact an independent insurance agent today.
Frequently Asked Questions*:
Why do I need personal auto insurance in Hawaii?
Hawaii State law requires that all vehicles be insured throughout the motor vehicle registration period and that you carry valid proof of auto insurance (motor vehicle insurance identification card) at all times. You may be fined and/or may face jail time if you do not have the required motor vehicle identification card.
What are the personal auto insurance coverage requirements in Hawaii?
All Hawaii drivers are required to maintain a minimum amount of auto insurance coverage as noted below throughout the registration period of a vehicle (drivers must also have a valid State of Hawaii motor vehicle insurance ID card while driving).
- $20,000/$40,000 bodily injury liability
- $10,000 property damage liability
- $10,000 personal injury protection
What factors should I consider for a personal auto insurance policy in Honolulu?
It is important to evaluate your financial situation and coverage options with a licensed insurance agent in preparation for potential risks and accidents. A few factors to consider are:
- Your assets and financial situation – Depending on how much assets you have, you may opt for higher liability coverage amounts. If you are at fault in an accident where someone is injured but your liability coverage limits don’t cover all their expenses, you may be responsible for the remainder of the amount.
- Deductibles and risk tolerance – In the event of an accident or loss, your deductible is the amount you will have to pay before your insurance covers the remaining amount (up to your policy limit). Typically, higher deductibles will lower your premium, however, please determine if you will be able to afford your deductible amount as it will be your out-of-pocket expense.
- Vehicle type – Depending on the type of vehicle you drive, you may want to consider higher amounts of coverage if your make of vehicle may require costly repairs or is popular with thieves.
- Car payments – If you have a brand new vehicle and are making car payments, your loan or finance company may require you to obtain Collision and Other Than Collision Coverage in addition to Liability Coverage.
What factors can affect my Hawaii auto insurance premium?
Factors that could affect your premium may include:
- Driving history
- Coverage types and limits
- Deductible amounts
- Make and model of your car
- Type of driving (business or pleasure)
- Average daily driving distance
What if I am caught without personal auto insurance on my vehicle?
The penalties for driving without auto insurance in Hawaii may include fines starting at $500, suspension of your driver’s license, surrender of your vehicle’s registration certificate and license plates, and possible imprisonment.
*Source: State of Hawaii – Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Drivinglaws.org, Edmunds.com.
The descriptions above contain general descriptions of available coverages and are not a statement of contract. All coverages are subject to policy provisions, limitations and exclusions that can only be expressed in the policy itself. For more information on on Honolulu auto insurance coverages please contact your independent insurance agent.